Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 284
283 REPLIES 283

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

So I've copied this from a post from @MI5 (who knows his stuff) and this is what it says:

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.
You also need to have iData enabled on your account and pay bills by direct debit.

If you've done all that and it still doesn't work then post back here @markrduk and we can get some more help lined up...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 284

markrduk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, yes I’ve done all this, but it is just stuck on ‘activating’. 

Message 3 of 284

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

In that case @markrduk I will ask for some help from behind the curtain!

Can you see if there is anything you can do @O2Ellie @O2Emma ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 4 of 284

O2Ellie
Former Staff
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all! Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@markrduk It sounds like we may need to look at your account to find out what's going on, I will send you a private message and we can discuss this further. 😊

signature
Message 5 of 284

Carrie-Ann1985
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have been in the same position has you but for a week now and they just keep telling me to wait 24 hours and that it’s there end at this moment in time I am still waiting for it to be activated 

Message 6 of 284

Scoobs
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s an issue on O2’s side. I’ve been stuck on Activating for almost a week and technical support have told me they are getting lots of call for the same issue. For some reason, the activations are not going through and it’s just a case of waiting for it to be fixed at the back end

Here’s another thread for the same issue:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Access-For-All/Apple-Watch-pairing-for-mobile-data/td-p/1525211

Message 7 of 284

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

As you've not had much luck with your watch @Carrie-Ann1985 I'll ask the on duty gurus for some help.

Can you see if you can help @O2Lisa @O2Daniel ?

Message 8 of 284

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 😊

@Carrie-Ann1985 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 284

markrduk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well after a week of getting nowhere I've given up and returned the watch!

Message 10 of 284