Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Data stuck on 'Activating'

markrduk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I purchased a new Apple Watch Cellular with data plan from O2 last week and it came Friday morning.

I don't seem to be able to get the Cellular data working on the watch. I've activated the plan, but it's just stuck on 'Activating'.

I called 202 over the weekend and factory reset the watch (and they said they reset everything at their end) and tried to re-set it up, but it's still activating.

Spoke to somebody on chat who said they would raise a ticket, but that it will take days... I'm ready to just send the thing back - does anyone have any suggestions?

(Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling are activated and phone and watch are up to date with the latest software version.)

Many thanks

Message 1 of 289
288 REPLIES 288

kbtang
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Can someone from O2 also assist me please? I am having the same issues reported by everyone else in this thread. Apple Watch stuck in activating. @O2Ryan@O2Sarah@O2Simon

Thanks,

Message 141 of 289

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@kbtang wrote:

Hello,

Can someone from O2 also assist me please? I am having the same issues reported by everyone else in this thread. Apple Watch stuck in activating. @O2Ryan@O2Sarah@O2Simon

Thanks,

@O2Sarah- (note the trailing hyphen!) is on this morning, @kbtang - keep an eye out for her message so she can take a look at it on the O2 side. Good luck!

Message 142 of 289

JD99996
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am also having issues with cellular. It’s been a stressful 24 hours but here’s what has happened:

- chose airtime plan for Apple Watch and this was applied and I was apparently “connected”

- tried to use Apple Watch without iPhone and no network connection, despite it being “connected”

- called o2 who reset the e sim

- was told to reset factory settings

- logged back in and got error 14, asked to contact the o2 team again

- just now, the e sim has been reset AGAIN

- had to choose another plan and it is now “activating” and has been for a while

please can someone help with this? Thank you!
@O2Ryan @O2Sarah @O2Sarah-  @pgn 

Message 143 of 289

pgn
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@JD99996 wrote:

Hi, I am also having issues with cellular. It’s been a stressful 24 hours but here’s what has happened:

- chose airtime plan for Apple Watch and this was applied and I was apparently “connected”

- tried to use Apple Watch without iPhone and no network connection, despite it being “connected”

- called o2 who reset the e sim

- was told to reset factory settings

- logged back in and got error 14, asked to contact the o2 team again

- just now, the e sim has been reset AGAIN

- had to choose another plan and it is now “activating” and has been for a while

please can someone help with this? Thank you!
O2Ryan O2Sarah O2Sarah-  pgn 

Does this help, @JD99996 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Apple-Watch-OS-9-3-and-O2-Airtime-Plan-Connectivi...

Message 144 of 289

kbtang
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've yet to receive a pm from someone from O2.

Watch app on phone is still showing the O2 mobile plan as "Activating". Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 145 of 289

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Can you see if you can help @kbtang please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 146 of 289

pgn
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Mugen360
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its been almost 3 months now am I just going to receive a generic text message to the end of time stating that the issue is being looked into every week. How hard can it truly be to set up a line for the watch.

Message 148 of 289

Mugen360
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone had any luck with having this issue resolved? I have not been able to setup my watch for almost 3 months now and in that time o2 have not been able to progress the issue, provide me with an ETA as to when it could be fixed or tell me what the exact issue they are having with "The line that is needed for the apple watch to work isn't setting itself up on your account"

Message 149 of 289

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Have you had any contact with the community advisors @Mugen360 ?

I'll mention @O2Sarah- and @O2Ryan to see if they can help get this fixed.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 150 of 289