Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

TomHammo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to start by saying that the customer service I have received from O2 is the worst I've ever had!! 

Let me explain the problem.

I was with Vodafone for 10+ years without many issues but the coverage in my area was very average. Friends of mine said...Go with O2, they are great! 

So I got my PAC code for me and my wife and waited to be transferred. I signed up the O2 app and received two eSims with my old number on. So far, so good.

Signal was great and I managed to get a great deal sim only. 

No onto connecting my Apple Watch Ultra 2 (bought from curries) and my wife's Apple Watch 8 (bought through Vodafone)

The Apple Watch ultra 2 was brand new so never connected. I went through the setup on the Apple Watch app, signed into O2 and then........Error 08. Yes I hear you saying, that is an easy solution, Unpair watch (again) and try again....no, no,no. 

I have never been able to connect this watch to O2. I have probably spoken to 50+ O2 people and every time they say they will try and fix and call me back. They never do. 

I have had an open ticket about this for a month and no one calls. Apparently one of the back office team  tried to call me during the day (funny old thing I was working). Because I didn't answer the call they closed the case and said the issue was fixed??? NO it has not been fixed. 

So let's start again and open yet another ticket. This one has been going for a few weeks now with no one calling me back.

The icing on the cake is that they have just sent me my bill for the two data plans (Apple Watch airtime) that have never been connected to our watches. The lady yesterday said you have to pay for the data plan or cancel it. WHAT? 

When I was with Vodafone, I got an Apple Watch 6 and connected it within 5 minutes. No problem. 

Vodafone were even able to manually connect my watch when I had a new phone using the EID number. O2 cannot do this for some reason.

I am now in limbo with two airtime plans that they want me to pay for and no connection to the watches.

If there is anyone out there who has solved this issue then please let me know as O2 just will not sort this. 

Thanks for listening. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145996 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@TomHammo 

Try the social media teams Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 13

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive tried that before which explains each error code. However, having followed their guidance Im still non the wiser. Thanks

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 145996 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

That's all we know here @TomHammo 

Sorry but you'll need to keep on with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 13

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is not the solution I needed. Im not sure I will ever get our watches connected to O2

Message 5 of 13

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you know how many O2 people I've spoken with? Most of them are obviously from India (No I don't have a problem with Indians). They read off their crib sheets as to how they will help you out. The '202' number is a total disaster! I have never spoken with anyone who actually knows what they are doing! Backoffice team seem to be a special 'MI5' style helpforce who you can't call, they call you?? Very odd. 

The Apple Watch has been around for quite some time and O2 seem to have no idea on how to connect a new eSim to the watch without errors happening. They just need the option to take customers EID numbers and connect the airtime to this watch.

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 145996 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

@TomHammo wrote:

Do you know how many O2 people I've spoken with? Most of them are obviously from India (No I don't have a problem with Indians). They read off their crib sheets as to how they will help you out.

That's why I suggested the social media teams as they are UK based @TomHammo 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37111 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1686 Solutions

Did you take the advice offered earlier to connect with O2's very capable Social Media team, @TomHammo?

They same team is mentioned at almost every turn in the Watch guide shared earlier, and it sounds like you've been calling ("she said", etc) rather than using any of the three Social Media team contacts in the link just below. All 3 ways link to the same team, so pick a platform and stick with it - you can nudge them periodically, without having to queue on the telephone IVR. Good luck!

Message 8 of 13

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a Facebook messenger thread going about this issue since the 8th May. Each time I ask what is going on, the reply is 'We are looking into the issue and will be back in touch as quickly as we can'. That's nearly a month of the same responses. I get it that they are busy but a call to let me know that they are trying to fix this wouldn't go a miss. 

Please don't think im some entitled customer who wants to complain. Im just very very tired of trying to fix this issue.

Message 9 of 13

TomHammo
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have followed the guidance but nothing has worked. I have a long thread on Facebook messenger but how long does this have to go on for? Im paying for airtime that is  not connected so that's money out of my pocket for nothing. This is why im so annoyed. 

Message 10 of 13