Did you mean: 

Smartphone not working 17m old

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   suddenly my Amplicomms smartphone M9500-p1 stopped working 

A notifications box appeared over the top of the Messenger page. 

It was Rebooted  to correct the error but only a blank black page with tiny writing on 4 lines, including an  < moving up and down

The case felt warm

Does anyone recognise the symtoms ?  Is there any chance its  repairable - Ill try Amplicomms tomorrow . 

Ive worked its cost me approx 10.20 a month in terms of the phone itself  plus approx 5.00 for 02 monthly charge.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hope you get it fixed and back to you soon @Jenny105 pray

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hope you get it fixed and back to you soon @Jenny105 pray

Awaiting developments . I hope I hear before mid June as I will be travelling and it would be useful to have it back.

I will need to start researching in case the repair is too high a price.   

If i go for a repair how long do smartphones last these days before giving up the ghost.????  If its not too high a price i might have it repaied on ecological grounds. But if its going to die in 3- 6 m then maybe its not worth doing the repair -  if u c wot i mean !!!

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I’ve still got my S3 I had in 2012 and an iPhone 5 from around the same time, so they can go on for a good few years.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Jenny105 

I've just checked and there is a 2 year warranty so at 17 months old you're covered for a repair or replacement anyway http://amplicomms.com/index.php?en_faq

Yes that was correct M15.  Action for Hearing Loss sent the phone to Amplico It was fixed & home   in a few days.  Only cost 7.00 postage to cover 1st class and insurance

Incidentally this same phone was a * buy  @ A F H L  website 4 just under 90.00 (no VAT for deaf people) . So I bought one either to replace the present one, or  travelling ; or back up or for hubby to try; Or for g'daughter to use when she goes to secondary school.  

I expect theres a new version coming out but this suits me as a deaf and older person

Yeah   WIN WIN .  Thanks M15  and to other contributors

@MI5 wrote:

@Jenny105 

I've just checked and there is a 2 year warranty so at 17 months old you're covered for a repair or replacement anyway http://amplicomms.com/index.php?en_faq

Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That's good news @Jenny105
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

its not fixed -    its brand new !!!Bouncy          

Any tips on what safety settings to do , ignorance was bliss with the original

@MI5 wrote:
That's good news @Jenny105
More info
More info

Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Nothing required. Android has it's own built in security.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thats a thought. ESET NOD 32 was set onto my old phone.

Either I transfer it to this or wait for the tablet to arrive and make use of it on there.   Its very useful on Lappy, picks up any nasties even when Im not looking.     

Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Whatever you are comfortable with using, but as I said, there;s no real need for anything.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19