Did you mean: 

Smartphone not working 17m old

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   suddenly my Amplicomms smartphone M9500-p1 stopped working 

A notifications box appeared over the top of the Messenger page. 

It was Rebooted  to correct the error but only a blank black page with tiny writing on 4 lines, including an  < moving up and down

The case felt warm

Does anyone recognise the symtoms ?  Is there any chance its  repairable - Ill try Amplicomms tomorrow . 

Ive worked its cost me approx 10.20 a month in terms of the phone itself  plus approx 5.00 for 02 monthly charge.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Jenny105 

I've just checked and there is a 2 year warranty so at 17 months old you're covered for a repair or replacement anyway http://amplicomms.com/index.php?en_faq

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Jenny105 

I wonder if it needs a replacement battery?

You could recharge it again and see what happens after an hour or so?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Hi @Jenny105 

Sounds like it's gone into a bootloop.

It may not be the end of the road as a repair shop could reflash the firmwar but you could try holding the power button for 20-30 seconds to force a reboot.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You can buy a brand new one for £175 on Amazon, which is what you've already paid in 17 months and then get a sim only contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Jenny105 

I've just checked and there is a 2 year warranty so at 17 months old you're covered for a repair or replacement anyway http://amplicomms.com/index.php?en_faq

Currently using:
Message 5 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Jenny105 

I wonder if it needs a replacement battery?

You could recharge it again and see what happens after an hour or so?

Hi   Ive recharged the battery    the same words came up on the background. After a while the screen went blank and will not switch on.       But thanks.  I might try a replacement battery

Message 6 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Hi @Jenny105 

Sounds like it's gone into a bootloop.

It may not be the end of the road as a repair shop could reflash the firmwar but you could try holding the power button for 20-30 seconds to force a reboot.

I tried recharging the battery as it had got VERY low. I tried the 20-30secs yesterday and the same small words appeared but after a while even those disappeared.

How does one find a reputable repair shop?  This is something ive never used before

Message 7 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Jenny105 

Hi,  I tried the Ammplicomms website which suggested approaching the company I bought it from (Action for Hearing Loss)    But I will try Ammplicomms advice service tomorrow.    Thanks.

PS i went to Spain last week . Wifi was used a couple of times . Could the phone have caught Spanish bug !!?

Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, I doubt it's caught anything like that, just a random computer glitch wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I phone the seller  Action for Hearing Loss. They agreed it sounded like was a computer error.  Its been posted back in original box, well padded and full price postage for replacement insurance if lost in the post.      Fingers crossed . I miss the thing sob

Message 10 of 19