Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia cutting calls after 17 minutes

Rosy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Sony Xperia is cutting me off from conference calls after 17 minutes. It did it 3 times in a row at the 17 minute mark so I'm sure this is not me pressing something and not a network connection issue. Is it a setting on the phone or something O2 has imposed?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Seems to be a Sony day today. @Rosy  Here is the link for Sony support:https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support

I will also tag @viridis who is our resident Sony expert.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rosy O2 won’t have done anything. It’ll likely be a setting somewhere In the phone

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rosy 

Does the phone restart when this happens?

What happens on a standard call?

If it does it could be weird issue that has developed in Android and could be fixed with a factory reset or it could be a battery issue where the battery isn't supplying a constant current.

Make sure you back up your contacts to Google https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/userguide/backing-up-contacts/#gref

Then do a factory reset https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/faq/apps-&-settings/the-phone-freezes-or-applicati...

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to get it looked at.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Dropped calls are invariably a network issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Rosy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No there are no other symptoms. There a is single beep and the call ends but otherwise the phone seems fine, like it was very deliberate. It might be a time out because I'm not speaking but if so I'd hope there is a setting somewhere to increase the time out delay and I can't find one.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If it is the standard network time out (designed to prevent accidental calls running up huge bills) you can't change the setting yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7