Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Cutting Off

MickyB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone calls are cutting off after 2 minutes and 5 seconds, showing privacy mode has been selected, I have tried everything I can think of to cure this but to no avail.....any suggestions?

NB: I've  swapped phone from S6 to Z5 Fold but the issue remains. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Could be a number of reasons, not least of which may be a failing SIM - this SIM can be replaced free by visiting an O2 Shop with photo id and you phone.

Other tips, @MickyB1:

5 Reasons Your Phone Keeps Dropping Calls or encounter Call Failed.

1. Your Signal Is Weak.
  2. It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  3. The local Mast Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  4. You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  5. You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@MickyB1 

Try turning off private mode, in case that's the problem.

Navigate to Settings > Security and privacy > Privacy for all your options. Choose Permission manager and then tap an item, like Camera, to adjust permissions on a per-app basis. Or tap Privacy dashboard to see which apps recently accessed location data, the camera, etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

MickyB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to you both for your replies, I've tried most of the suggestions already.......I'll retry them and also the new ideas, the calls mainly cut off to one number in particular and mainly when speaking via Bluetooth in the car, it can be fine for a few weeks then seemingly at random it will start cutting my calls off again, always at 2 mins and 5 seconds and the car display will show "privacy mode selected" or something similar (can't remember the actual wording), it did exactly the same with my old phone and I don't think the signal strength is the issue. 

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

The software in your car's audio/Bluetooth system may benefit from an update, @MickyB1 - car connectivity to many phones appears to be a bugbear, as a search of the community forum here will show.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5