cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had two Xperia S phones so far - last one got replaced on the second repair job.

My 3rd repair job is happening tomorrow on the replacement.

Sony's build quality on the XPS sucked from my experience... so far 3 hardware faults within a year - in all my years with mobiles I've never once had to send one in for repair.

I'm hoping o2 just offer to replace this with a different model.. any model. The jelly bean update was a step up in some ways (smoother, battery seemed better, slicker UI tweaks)... and worse in others (stuttery hd recording, can't play video in album, phone goes mental with random touch detections after running for a few days).
Message 81 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to ask for anything except an Xperia - I don't want a repeat of this anyway - but thanks for the heads up - I wish I'd stayed with the HTC

Message 82 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope I'm not saying it too soon - but it looks like doing the airplane mode has helped the 2g/3g issue.  I'll be certain tonight when I need to use it continuously for about 2 hours doing data entry.

I've also got the different LED notification colours back as well :).

Off to set a calendar reminder for about 10 minutes time and start listening to music to see if that's sorted as well.

Message 83 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile gradually starting to behave better.  I contacted Sony direct and they talked me through the flashing process - so I repeated what O2 Guru had done.  I left it on 3g only last night and the data stayed up, will try today with 2g/3g and see if the fault has been cured.

Slightly happier now - lets hope it stays that way.....

Message 84 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been on this forum for a while but it looks like most people are getting there with the Jelly Bean update which is good. 

Any issues then just post them up and i'm sure some of us can help out!!!

Message 85 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke too soon.  A couple of nights ago the 2g/3g problem started again, airplane mode didn't solve it, off and on didn't solve it, airplane mode - then off, then on, airplane mode off seemed to solve it for half an hour or so.

Seriously trying to think of a good thing to say about the Xperia - Smiley Frustrated  - nope can't do it.

Message 86 of 121

alex_ncfc85
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any news on the latest JB update Sony have just released for the Xperia S, 6.2.B.1.96? Hope we get it soon, from comments I have read it seems a top update. Somebody has even said the download size is over 700MB! Not sure on that though. Still 4.1.2.

Message 87 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering this myself.... any news anyone ?
Message 88 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still nothing ??
Message 89 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I updated to 6.2.B.1.96 just this morning, on O2.
Message 90 of 121