Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 2: Apprentice

Re: JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Awesome, how did you get the update? Over the phone, PC Companion, Sony Update Service? I have nothing yet Smiley Sad 

Anonymous

Cheers mate, update last night with PC Companion. Looks good so far ;0)

Still nothing for me lol Smiley Sad Don't understand why as we're all on the same network!! Any ideas? Kind of a critical update for me as my running app keeps crashing and if this frees up some memory/speed then it might help.
Anonymous

Since were on the same SI (i assume) will check too and let you know when it urns up for me. As were unbranded its sony were waiting for not O2

Not sure we are waiting on Sony, as they rolled out the update 2-3 weeks ago. O2 will already have it, they said to me on Twitter they were "testing it for the best user experience" but what testing needs to be done? Just release it already! My phone is unbranded and I want the update.

Still odd how some people on here have confirmed they have the update, but as of today, PCC still tells me that my "phone is up to date"
Anonymous

Strange that you guys don't have the update. My phone is O2 branded and update came through on PC companion.

Very strange indeed Gibbylinks, wouldn't mind O2s take on what's going on.

Your Xperia S must be idential to mine in the sense that you are O2 unbranded, so I am guessing we have the same SI number, and I thought the updates were rolled out by the SI number.

Anonymous

Sorry you've misread my post, my phone is O2 Branded, NOT unbranded ;0)

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out.

But that makes it even MORE frustrating lol - as surely if the branded handsets have it, then I should do too?!

YAWN - still waiting. This is a joke, sort it out Slow-2.

Jesus, I've never been with a network that takes so long to roll out updates. This is making me seriously consider leaving O2 when my contract is up (and that will be the second time I leave, there will be no 3rd!!)