cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia T 4.3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, when will the Sony xperia T get the 4.3 jellybean update in the UK? I am on o2 network.
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Reports on Xperia blog are that they have found some major bugs so have stopped the roll out whilst they fix it. A new firmware is now in testing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the forum.

O2 do not give time frames on software they may have from the manufacturer ,but do I believe release it as soon as they have tested it and possibly removed anything they feel conflicts with their network / software.

Typically someone on a sim free factory unlocked handset has quicker access to the firmware without any hindrance by O2 testing it.

Checking here in the forum or in the various android blogs would be my advice.
Message 2 of 26

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Sony are due to release it any time now for unbranded phones so expect at least a months wait for O2 to push it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the T, have you still got the SP MI5?we know the T isn't 4g and there have been posts about losing the 2g toggle when upgrading but does that only apply to 4g phones do you think? where I live I only just get 2g despite O2 spending 1M day so can't lose that option!

tb
Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Yes, I still have the XP but I unlocked it and put generic UK firmware on it so I still have the 2g only option. From what I have seen ALL O2 firmware removes the 2g only option - Easy to flash the Xperia range though as long as you get it unlocked.
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was just wondering, will I get a notification on my xperia when the New software update is out it will I have to always check it through PC COMPANION ?and any other information when the update will be available
Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Sony website states it's still in testing for the T. You can check in Updates app on phone or if you download PC Companion to your computer it will check for your device updates each time you boot up your computer (as long as you have connected your phone to it at least once).
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody received the 4.3 update yet in the UK?
Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Reports on Xperia blog are that they have found some major bugs so have stopped the roll out whilst they fix it. A new firmware is now in testing.
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody got the 9.2.A.1.199 the latest NetBeans update on xperia T yet? If not thensure any idea when it's comming out
Message 10 of 26