cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent O2 service on HTC One

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had intermittent O2 service for some time on my HTC One (and before that on an HTC Desire). I am in a strong coverage area (in theory) but the received signal strength indicated wanders up and down and out. Now service is off more than it is on. Watching it this morning (with it still on a desk, with the cell base visible in the distance!) and it has come on for three or four periods of maybe a minute or two each, but been off all the rest of the time. I have checked another phone, and it too has intermittent service.

O2 says there is nothing wrong with the network (2G only) in our area, but I am used to them saying that even when they have had lots of calls from customers reporting trouble!

O2 support chat was unable to help. Any suggestions for how I can sort this frustrating situation?

Alex

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex and i'd like to say welcome to the forum,

Maybe having a diagnostic run on the phone itself via HTC could help rule out that the phone itself is at fault.

I know from your first post that this has happened on a previous phone so its Just an idea.

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tried reporting it, but the O2 rep I was dealing with said there was nothing more he could do as their system was showing the site as okay.

I just turned to my phone again to be greeted by four bar service, but before I could so much as compose a text message it had died off again. I woudl blame the phone, but I had just the same problems with the previous one - it has simply got worse and worse in recent weeks.

Alex

Message 12 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Could you try another network sim if your phone is unlocked?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone is very clean, but how do you imagine dust and lint build up would cause this sort of problem? Dust and lint (unless very thick and wet) wouldn't affect an antenna or radio waves. And the phone antenna doesn't rely on any openings in the phone anyway.
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. How would I go about having that diagnostic run via HTC?

Alex

Message 15 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The phone is very clean, but how do you imagine dust and lint build up would cause this sort of problem? Dust and lint (unless very thick and wet) wouldn't affect an antenna or radio waves. And the phone antenna doesn't rely on any openings in the phone anyway.

I'll leave it to BOB to explain that one! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. How would I go about having that diagnostic run via HTC?

Alex

Go to HTC Uk Homeweb page and go to the support pages.

or  https://support.htc.com/en-uk

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, having exactly the same problem here. It is almost like the signal is ultra sensitive. 3 to 4 bars, then nothing. Maps showing good coverage. Connection here is I also have an HTC one, but like you, have tried 2 other phones with simular results.

Message 18 of 19

darrenney02
  • 129 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As I posted elsewhere on here earlier the day. HTC seem to have a problem with signal on some of there phones. I like you used to have an HTC Desire S and used to get signal problems with that now and again and I know two others that had a HTC Wildfire S and a HTC Selsa and they used to say that signal on there phones was not great at times. All 3 of us have now moved away from HTC and have better signal on your phones and are still with o2.

Message 19 of 19