cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one Signal Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i fast track my contract on the 28th of September 2013, i am due for upgrade anyway in November 2013 but that wasnt the the problem, my problem was the HTC one i upgraded to is having a known signal problem which i found out after i upgraded when i was at home on the same day.

I am really dissapointed in o2 for knowing a problem to the phone with network yet still selling it to customer. What is the best advice cos i just dont trust them anymore for what happen.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Sorry, I misread your opening post, forget repair. Return the phone as your within the 7 working days. O2 should replace it or you can cancel the upgrade.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

O2 wouldn't knowlingly sell a phone with a problem.

You should have taken or sent it back within the 7 working days return period.

You still have the option of returning it for repair under guarantee.

Having said that, have you tried cleaning the sim and checking your postcode for any local network problem?  O2 Service Status

Possibly pick up a new simcard from the O2 store to eliminate that as a problem. They will change your number and tariff over for you to the new sim.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for taking your time to replying, really appreciate it

Its just that so many people on this forum have the same problem and i am sure few people would have call o2 to complain so i have no problem saying the issue is known to them.

i will visit them in store later today, i have clean the sim and did a test with my old blackberry with o2 sim and the signal is great, so that prove to me is the phone.

check my postcode every is as good as gold and i both 2 different sims from a corner shop to try, they have a full signal on Blackberry 9900 and when i put them on HTC one same problem.

Thanks

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I would in that case send the phone back for repair, it certainly sounds like the phone from what you describe. Obviously some phones pick up reception better than others.

Have you tried switching to 2G only to see if that improves the situation until you get the phone sent away?

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been reading everthing possible online to fixed it, i just want a new working phone now cos its only 2day since i got it.

I am a techy guy, i've try all you suggested and even googled for other possible solution, its just a shame cos i am in love with the phone but failed to do the basic thing a mobile phone should do.

I dont really care about the strength of the signal but when i called, people cant hear me saying i am breaking up and the signal strength is the cause.

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Sorry, I misread your opening post, forget repair. Return the phone as your within the 7 working days. O2 should replace it or you can cancel the upgrade.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Out of interest what is the know signal problem? I had a HTC one from launch date and had no issues. (sim free)
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Nothing excessive that I've heard of but the problem with the internet is that it only takes a few people with faulty handsets and suddenly there is a widespread epidemic slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Nothing excessive that I've heard of but the problem with the internet is that it only takes a few people with faulty handsets and suddenly there is a widespread epidemic slight_smile

Oh how true this is!

Especially with Apple wink

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Oh how true this is!

Especially with Apple wink

Yes I'm surprised they sold any iphone 4 models with the doom and gloom of the 'death grip' filling cyber space!

Message 10 of 12