cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive long text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I have a Huawei Ascend w1 phone and I received a text message from my sister earlier and it said ''Get media content now'' so I clicked it and nothing happened.  I have tired several times and searched everywhere in my phone for any downloaded content etc and nothing, so I asked my sister what it was she sent me, was it a picture or music etc and she said no its just a long text message.  So I cannot receive long text messages.  Can somebody help me sort this please? 

Thank you slight_smile

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may have converted to a mms.

Turn your 3g data on and or phone o2 to have your account provisioned for mms messages.

Check your apn settings.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

Or text ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings and turn your phone off and back on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may have converted to a mms.

Turn your 3g data on and or phone o2 to have your account provisioned for mms messages.

Check your apn settings.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

Or text ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings and turn your phone off and back on.

Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

A long text would have been sent as a media message. Contact customer service to make sure mms is provisioned on your account.

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you i will try that slight_smile

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I text active to 2020 and they are asking me for the senders pin. I assume the sender is o2. How do i get their pin in order to update my phone? slight_smile
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Try 0000 or 1234
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks slight_smile
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok i did that and i had an o2 message saying my settings were updated etc but when i still click on ''get media content'' nothing still comes up. I turned the phone on and off also, should i get my sister to resend the message?
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Yes, or you could try sending an MMS to yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

You still may have to ring o2 on 202 contract or 4445 payg to have your account provisioned.

Let us know when your all set up ok.

Message 10 of 16