cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive long text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I have a Huawei Ascend w1 phone and I received a text message from my sister earlier and it said ''Get media content now'' so I clicked it and nothing happened.  I have tired several times and searched everywhere in my phone for any downloaded content etc and nothing, so I asked my sister what it was she sent me, was it a picture or music etc and she said no its just a long text message.  So I cannot receive long text messages.  Can somebody help me sort this please? 

Thank you slight_smile

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got through to o2 and yes its all done and working now, Thank you everyone for all your help!!! slight_smile
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got through to o2 and yes its all done and working now, Thank you everyone for all your help!!! slight_smile

You're very welcome.

Remember it costs to send MMS messages and is not normally part of your normal text allowance.

Typically ;

£0.25p on payg.

£0.35p on Contract.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that also as i didnt know. Im useless with phones, so thanks again slight_smile
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for that also as i didnt know. Im useless with phones, so thanks again slight_smile

Just didnt want you racking up unknown costs !

You could add the MMS Bolt on if needed. £5.11 a month for 50mms. 

Alternatives such as WhatsApp and Viber exist which dont cost you to use. They work on your data allowance.

It just means the person you are sending pictures to must have the same app installed.

WhatsApp is free for the 1st year and then you have to pay for a licence to carry on using it.

Take care.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WhatsApp is free for the 1st year and then you have to pay for a licence to carry on using it.

I think it is 69p after the first year, so shouldn't break the bank! Kik Messenger is an alternative.

Message 16 of 16