Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Panic Over

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

US eases restrictions. Google will not cut access. Storm in a teacup.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/21/us-eases-restrictions-on-chinas-huawei-to-keep-networks-operating.ht...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino for the news. All the O2 customers who've been jumping up and down, threatening all sorts can now calm down. 

A storm in a teacup indeed.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 30

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
US flexing muscles?
So very pleased for everyone with a Hauwei 😊
Brilliant! @Cleoriff
I though still love my Samsung.
Happy 🤩

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Though Google has made no official statement as yet. The ban has been lifted 'temporarily for 90 days

"The goal seems to be to prevent internet, computer and cell phone systems from crashing,” said Washington lawyer Kevin Wolf, a former Commerce Department official. “This is not a capitulation. This is housekeeping"

I expect a lot of negotiations were going on last night to come to this point!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There's obviously a lot more to come on this but I think sense will prevail in the end.

Message 5 of 30

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
A case of cutting off a nose to spite a face...?
Message 6 of 30

StevenGW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
please read the article fully before posting..

“The goal seems to be to prevent internet, computer and cell phone systems from crashing!"

Its not over, its only beginning.
Message 7 of 30

StevenGW
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you think all you O2 guys will still have your company honour when the say" whoops sorry, gotta let you go!"

All these things are happening for a reason. "Think logically not with emotions"

It will all come to a head soon, but by already releasing this information to the world Huawei is now ******.

Message 8 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@StevenGW wrote:

Do you think all you O2 guys will still have your company honour when the say" whoops sorry, gotta let you go!"

All these things are happening for a reason. "Think logically not with emotions"

It will all come to a head soon, but by already releasing this information to the world Huawei is now ******.

Again I repeat @StevenGW we are NOT O2 staff! So we have no jobs to lose. In fact, a few of us, myself as an example, are retired and have no jobs at all anymore, and haven't for some time.

I will certainly read in full the article you recommend but please STOP referring to us as "you O2 guys". Thank you!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As a community of customers we are all entitled to air our opinions as indeed you are @StevenGW 

We read the same sources as yourself and interpret what we hear and see. Just because our understanding may differ from your does not mean we work for O2 and it's no good ranting about a company who are blameless in this sorry saga between China and Trump. No one really knows what is going to happen but for certain, no current handset will be bricked after the the 90 days.

Message 10 of 30