Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei. Dongle

DBoyce246
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I purchased a Huawei dongle from the O2 shop in Bury St Edmunds about three years ago. For many months it worked well, but over the last eight months it has not worked at all. I have tried everything to get it to work but with to no avail. Indeed, I cannot even get on to the internet to see how to fix the problem because the dongle will not connect at all. I have had to send this on my phone, but I cannot do detailed work on this phone - I need my computer for that. All this means that I have to use my neighbour’s computer for work and that I have paid for months of data that I have not been able to use. The problem seems to coincide with the time I got this new phone. Can you help to get my dongle back - It would solve so many problems.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

When you say not working do you mean not connecting to the Internet or not showing any WiFi?

If the former, have you tried the SIM in another device?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10634 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@DBoyce246 

Did you upgrade the dongle contract to a phone by any chance?

As if you did then then dongle is now dead with its current sim card, as the number is now on the sim in the phone. 

The only way to use the Dongle in this case is to use a PAYG sim or signup to data only sim plan.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try connecting the dongle to a short USB extension cable. That usually works for me and improves signal and speed.

😄

Message 4 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @DBoyce246 were you able to sort it out?

Message 5 of 5