Did you mean: 

Virtual Interview 20/11/13 – My O2

KimberleyH
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hey Guys,

We’re having another Virtual Interview session on the community, this time it’s for the My O2 app.

There have been plenty of questions we’ve seen in the past about My O2 and you’ve helped members with their issues in the way you normally do!

Now it’s your turn to get your questions in about My O2 and the My O2 app to Leanne Gethin from Digital Self Service at O2. Leanne really wants to hear your questions and ideas, maybe they’ll match up with what’s coming in the future…

This is your chance to ask any question about My O2 in terms of user experience, features, functionality and compatibility, truly everything about the service.

The session will be longer than our last Virtual Interview, it will now be 90 minutes and can be extended if we need to, as we’d like to answer all of your questions!

We’ll be holding the session on the 20th of November at 12:30pm. If you’re new to the O2 Community and want to take part, check out this starter guide: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/What-s-the-O2-community-and-how-to-get-started/td-p/426482

To get your MyO2 questions answered, simply post them on this thread. Leanne from MyO2 will log in on Wednesday and answer any that you have added.

Thanks

Kim

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just one question

When will us business customers get a similar product as the flash based website we have is no good on an ios device?

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/myo2business

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 42

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Will there ever be a native Blackberry 10 MyO2 app?

Why was the updated ported Android 5.0 app pulled from Blackberry World and when is there likely to be an update?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As a Pay as You Go user the MyO2 App is a little more basic than that of the Pay Monthly Customer.

Generally the information given on the 'Home' and 'My Balance' Tabs are clear enough.

However the 'My Bolt On's' tab is pretty much static and just shows what bolt on you have.

No info on remaining allowances in it or anniversary date. No Option to cancel or add a Bolt On.

Message 4 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144597 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
I have 2 pay monthly accounts and the app is near perfect for me. My only question is in relation to having to log into the community from the link in the app. As we already have to sign into the app, could we not just go straight into the community forum without having to log in again....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 42

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Agreed. Just going straight from the app would be a logical step forward.
Message 6 of 42

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Do O2 have any plans to bring notifications to the app? For example you could send a push notification for the following events:

1. Whenever a bill is generated with the notification saying how much the bill is

2. A further notification a few days before the bill is due for payment or a DD is due to be taken

3. Whenever someone becomes close to running out of minutes, texts or data

There are probably other instances when the app could send a notification too but these were the ones I could think of off the top of my head

Message 7 of 42

MI5
  • 144597 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

Do O2 have any plans to bring notifications to the app? For example you could send a push notification for the following events:

Like it, here's another....

Based on location push a notification of any planned network maintenance.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently took part in an O2 Labs beta for a possible MyO2 app for Windows Phone 8.  The beta trial was time limited and the app no longer functions.

The app functioned flawlessly but was very rudimentary compared to the iOS and Android versions.

The official so called app that O2 have in the Windows Phone Store is a complete disgrace; a simple collection of links that never work!

I would be very pleased if O2 stuck to their marketing and PR hype by supporting Windows Phone on equal terms as iOS and Android as they like the technology press to believe they do!

I notice that O2 Germany released an app on 9th November on a par with the iOS and Android release (screenshot attached), and wondered if there was anything on the grapevine for a UK release of this app.  (I never realised I was such a dreamer!!!!)

O2 Germany.PNG

Message 9 of 42

Frogger
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Lots of display issues of webpages in IE10 and IE11, including this forum reply option. Been a problem for a while.

Now O2.co.uk addresses are stopped I tried to change my contact email on MyO2, I think I just change my username to the new email address but this is not clear. I previously had a user name not address and my emails came to my o2.co.uk address... but now????

Message 10 of 42