Did you mean: 

Virtual Interview 20/11/13 – My O2

KimberleyH
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hey Guys,

We’re having another Virtual Interview session on the community, this time it’s for the My O2 app.

There have been plenty of questions we’ve seen in the past about My O2 and you’ve helped members with their issues in the way you normally do!

Now it’s your turn to get your questions in about My O2 and the My O2 app to Leanne Gethin from Digital Self Service at O2. Leanne really wants to hear your questions and ideas, maybe they’ll match up with what’s coming in the future…

This is your chance to ask any question about My O2 in terms of user experience, features, functionality and compatibility, truly everything about the service.

The session will be longer than our last Virtual Interview, it will now be 90 minutes and can be extended if we need to, as we’d like to answer all of your questions!

We’ll be holding the session on the 20th of November at 12:30pm. If you’re new to the O2 Community and want to take part, check out this starter guide: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/What-s-the-O2-community-and-how-to-get-started/td-p/426482

To get your MyO2 questions answered, simply post them on this thread. Leanne from MyO2 will log in on Wednesday and answer any that you have added.

Thanks

Kim

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frogger wrote:

Lots of display issues of webpages in IE10 and IE11, including this forum reply option. Been a problem for a while.

Now O2.co.uk addresses are stopped I tried to change my contact email on MyO2, I think I just change my username to the new email address but this is not clear. I previously had a user name not address and my emails came to my o2.co.uk address... but now????

Hi Frogger,

thank you for your comments. Could you please PM Toby or alternatively report any issues you are encountering in This thread

Message 31 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I love the iPhone version of the app, gives me a heads up quickly and easily on my phone. I do however feel (like other pay and go customers) that the information it provides is limited in comparison to that of contract customers+when will we get an IOS7 look and feel too-It looks rather old in comparison to other refreshed apps?

Hi Angelomike73,

As mentioned previously to bandofbrothers, Pay & Go is an area in the MyO2 app we're looking to change soon. We're also working to update the look and feel to iOS7. What kind of features would you like to see?

Message 32 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why cant you log in on the app without having to choose what connection you want to set up? Every time I try to use the app, it asks me to try again using my data connection and to turn off WiFi, that just doesn't make sense as other apps seem to cope with either, even if they are both on or not. The login multiple times is another thing I don't see why is necessary too.

Hi giancola,

It seems you're referring to the MyO2 mobile website and I know it can be frustrating how it works with Wi-Fi. We are in the process of fixing this and relaunching a brand new MyO2 mobile site with a new look and feel early next year.

Would you be interested in getting involved in testing this as a beta trialist? If so, please PM Toby with your details.

Message 33 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Rather than work on the app can you work on the underlying data that it receives. The MyO2 data is wrong and has been since your recent mid contract price increases. 

Hi IvanTalboys,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles. Can you please PM Toby, I'd like to look into this for you.

Message 34 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Leanneg

Thanks

It realy needs some basic html page to use when not at a pc that would just give a brief summary of each phone on the account and what allowance is left for calls sms and data the thing that matter on the go.

Adam

Thanks, Adam. Good comment, I appreciate this.

Message 35 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Thanks.

Given that the next iteration of Blackberry 10 OS is likely to be able to load .apk files without conversion it should just be a matter of making the .apk available for download directly.

Thanks, aldaweb. We'll take that back to the team.

Message 36 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Hi Leanne

Since having to change the log in for MyO2 online to another email address due to the closure of O2 Email, I now find I cannot log in to the MyO2 app on my phone as it tells me the user name or password are wrong despite it working on all the other O2 apps and O2 pages that I use.

The app advises me to change my O2 online pin and I've tried that to no effect.

If I call CS can they reset the app from their end or can nothing be done?

I have done the obvious such as clearing the cache and re-installing the app several times.

It's an excellent app and I'm missing it! slight_frown

Hi Perksie,

Thanks for raising this. Since you have already tried all those steps correctly, could you please PM Toby and I'll look into it.

Message 37 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the reply to my post.

I'll add anything as I come across it.

Great, thanks! slight_smile

Message 38 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a wrap from me!

Thanks everyone for your questions, I really enjoyed this session, your ideas and feedback and especially hearing things from your perspective. I hope you found it helpful too. As previously mentioned, please PM Toby if you would like to be a beta test trialist.

I will be back early in the new year with some fresh updates.

We'll keep this thread open and if you have further comments or ideas Toby will feed them back to me and I'll get back to you.

Thank you all again!

Leanne

Message 39 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thankyou for the offer of beta testing but can you explain how to PM toby please.
Message 40 of 42