Did you mean: 

O2 Support advisor update

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Back in 2020 we introduced O2 support advisors to the O2 community. These advisors have been available on the community to pickup any account specific questions that would normally involve directing a member to contact customer services or the social media team. 

As of tomorrow the account advisors will no longer be working on the community. This is due to some organisational changes within O2 which means the team no longer have the bandwidth to cover the community. We have plans to introduce a new incarnation of account support to the community in the near future, details on this will be shared when available. 

I would like to thank the team for all their hard work over the past 3 years and wish them well for the future.

If there are any questions about this change please share them in the comments below.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Like (most of) the rest of you, I suspected something was afoot after the patchy nature of replies.

Also like most, the community advisors seemed to be doing a damned good job, particularly with sorting some fruit based watches. Going to be a lot of people being pushed to social media for a resolution...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 22

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

That is such a shame.  Never had to use the advisors, but saw how active they were in helping customers here and making the forum that more helpful.

Look forward to the new incarnation of account support.

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 12 of 22

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11036 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Martin-O2 

Many Thanks to the O2 Community Advisors and best wishes going forward to all.

TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 22

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25348 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is sad news to hear that 02 Community Advisors will no longer be part of the Community.

Although I personally have been fortunate in not having to ask them for advice or to sort out a problem, a brief look at the Community from the time their service was available shows what a major contribution they have made and I am sure everyone who used their help appreciates how much they made life easier for those customers.

One important factor to bear in mind is that the regular contributors, with a wealth of knowledge and experience of this O2 Community, will no longer be able to tag the advisors or refer customers to them but instead will have to direct customers to Customer Services or social media.

To repeat, a sad loss of a worthwhile and valued service.  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 22

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys to confirm we're in the process of branding the O2 Support accounts as Former Staff so it will still make sense to anyone reading an old topic. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Yes, brand them as Former Staff so everyone can see that O2 has consigned them to the nearest skip. If the 'introduction a new incarnation of account support to the community in the near future' is as quick as the O2 team corrects errors on this site and addresses the everyday problems we have been seeing in droves of late, we'll all be ancient community members with blue plaques next to our names.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 22

Enlli
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Well it is frustrating now to tell people to contact Customer Services who have failed miserably several times and we cannot help them.

If what happens in the future is anything like that which I've been told by Virgin Forum staff, then the community aspect will wither and die.

Look at the mobile section on Virgin, it once had knowledgeable community members, all gone to be replaced by agents that don't know their A from their E

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 17 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

all gone to be replaced by agents that don't know their A from their E

They are the ones now manning the customer service phone lines.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

As of tomorrow the account advisors will no longer be working on the community. This is due to some organisational changes within O2 which means the team no longer have the bandwidth to cover the community. 

How can one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world have an issue with the bandwidth for a handful of probably ten online account advisors in total, who are only online no more than three at a time on any given day? I'd really like someone to explain that to me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 22

Enlli
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Lack of bandwidth is rather ironic seeing it is one of the main problems with the network itself

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 20 of 22