Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORTING, anybody experienced this?

Sunshine24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am wondering has anyone had this issue. I switched to 02 on 30th May with my number porting over. After 48 hours my number still hadn't ported. Nearly one  month later,  I still don't have my number. It has took me nearly one month to be told that it was ported to an old billing platform and it will be resolved(however I was told everything but this when ringing 202). My biggest issue here is 02 customer service, I was a customer for years and had 0 issues and couldn't fault 02. This time, I was having to ring daily, be put on hold to then be told 4 different things regarding my number. I was promised call backs which I never got.I raised a complaint and was told on the 13th June it would be sent to the mobile portability team to look at. I have asked today for an update and told that they can't provide an update or even an estimate of when this will be sorted. I have asked for even a rough estimate and still nothing. I am so shocked and really hope this is a one off situation as it has been a nightmare and really stressful dealing with the 02 customer service. I understand these teams need to work on the issue but I find it hard to believe there isn't one person in 02 support that can estimate how long this will take. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7098 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Porting problems crop up on the Community quite frequently. The move to a new billing / customer management system has not gone smoothly (that's an understatement) has simply made matters worse.

We used to have Agents here that could help but they were removed a year ago leaving just fellow customers to help.

Obviously these sort of problems are beyond us.

Try the social media route, they seem more clued up

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2