Did you mean: 

O2 Support advisor update

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Back in 2020 we introduced O2 support advisors to the O2 community. These advisors have been available on the community to pickup any account specific questions that would normally involve directing a member to contact customer services or the social media team. 

As of tomorrow the account advisors will no longer be working on the community. This is due to some organisational changes within O2 which means the team no longer have the bandwidth to cover the community. We have plans to introduce a new incarnation of account support to the community in the near future, details on this will be shared when available. 

I would like to thank the team for all their hard work over the past 3 years and wish them well for the future.

If there are any questions about this change please share them in the comments below.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

A sad day for O2 CS and O2 as a whole.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean I shouldn’t give my personal details to anyone O2 anymore?

In the past I’ve provided my full account details and personal information to people with O2 in their username, I thought they were official. Do I need to do anything?

Message 4 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23469 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

O2 drops the ball yet again. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

What a damn shame. I had a feeling after last weekend that something was going on!

Thanks to them for their hard work over the past three years. They will be missed. ☹️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10555 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

They will be missed, and have been a great and useful part of the community... 

@Anonymous 

Do not give or post any personal data to anyone on this forum.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 22

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sad to see, @Martin-O2 🫤

Will the Advisor Forum accounts be disabled so people reading older posts do not keep trying to tag them? 

Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Anonymous 

The account advisors we had with O2 in their names work for O2 and were perfectly safe to give details to. How else could they help without getting access to our accounts?

No one had O2 in their name who didn't work for O2 so historically you were perfectly safe.

Public posting of personal info is not allowed as it can be used by anyone to gain access to accounts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 22

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

I was out yesterday and just came to this thread this morning and wondered why it was so long. Once I got round the boredom factor, I realised!

If what I have gained from the forum team at Virgin is to transpire, this will become less and less a community forum. It happened in the last two years on their mobile board where members where slowly  pushed out or left.

My only contribution these days after 12 years is to try to counter the misinformation that comes from some of their team members! 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 22