Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 App upgrade has removed my accounts

Frank_D
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the latest app update I have lost access to the mobile phones which are part of my account. I have 4 mobile phones and 2 watch sims under my main account. I pay for these phone numbers and they weer originally set up by myself.

The mobile phones are mine, my wifes and my two boys.

Now I can see my wifes tariff on the mobile app and one of my sons on the web page. But thats all I can see.

How on earth am I expected to manage my accounts?

Please resolve this as quickly as possible otherwise I am off to a sensible mobile phone provider.  I am currently in your queue for customer support, not cherishing the wait or the conversation which is totally unnecessary and a waste of everbodies time!

many thanks 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124717 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7532 Solutions

@Frank_D 

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here

Give O2 a call on  202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract)  4445 or 0344 809 0222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Magic1982
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem. You managed to solve it somehow. No one answers the phone, listening to music for an hour.

Message 3 of 10

Frank_D
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afraid I have not solved the problem and like you Magic1982 I've wasted time with O2 support. I was hoping O2 monitor this community and look for common issues etc.  I can't imaging I'm the only one with this issue. The team at my local O2 store just rolled their eyes and said this is a known issue with the latest app update, but its also affected the online account profile etc

Message 4 of 10

Frank_D
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and hot off the press this is the reply from online support "We’ve updated our systems and some mobiles no longer show in your account view. The account holder of those mobiles can offer you delegated access to manage certain aspects of their account on their behalf."

No idea what this means and how account holders can delegate to me. I am the account holder. I can't even see my mobile number!!!!  What a farce, maybe Vodafone or EE can do better?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Frank_D 

These were the steps I was give to re-link my accounts:

• Login to My O2 with your number to get into the web version.
  • From the My O2 drop-down menu select 'Manage your details'
  • Your delegates
  • Add Delegate 
  • Enter details and add Delegate for one of the accounts
  • You will then get an email to that account, follow the link in this email.
  • Read the details and accept.
  • Enter information and submit. 

I did have to generate new email addresses for my other account that I wanted to link, so maybe you will too. If so you'll need customer services to help with that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 10

Anydenney
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just managed to speak to o2 support, as I'm having same issue (my details completely disappeared from My o2 phone app and when viewed via a browser).  I was told that due to "the migration" (migration to new systems) a temporary o2.co.uk email address had been associated with my account because it's not possible to use the same email address for "notifications" (i.e. bills being issued) and "authentication" (to be used for logging into My o2), so I need to provide a new email address just for logging into My o2 and seeing all my products (my phone, daughter's phone, watch, data usage etc.).  I said I don't want to use 2 email addresses, and asked them to sort it so I can just give o2 one email address which can be used for everything (as for every other service I have everywhere!) but they confirmed it's not possible due to "the migration".  They even asked if I can give them a family member's email address to use for authentication!  This is something they probably should have communicated out to customers before the migration, because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this is nonsense.  

Message 7 of 10

Anydenney
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE:  I was offered two choices; either use a new email address JUST FOR AUTHENTICATION and keep using the existing email for notifications, or they could submit an internal request to have my existing email used again for the authentication but it could take 10 working days.  I asked for the internal request.  If I remember, I'll post update here in 10 working days (ha ha).

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

Don't hold your breath.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions