Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 27: Desk Jockey

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

[ Edited ]

@welshsteve76 wrote:

We used to be able to piggy back on another network. Maybe the network providers need to have a deal whereby customers can piggy back off other networks when these things happen.

@welshsteve76Not sure this would be of any use, if all of a sudden 25 million + O2 users suddenly landed on Voda / EE / Three their networks would also fail due to the influx of users onto their infrastructure

san
Level 1: Joiner

still no service!!! Any update on this

"Your majesty, the people have no 3G to eat. What shall they do?"

"Let them eat WiFi."

That's satire.
Anonymous

@Steve1234567890 wrote:
"Your majesty, the people have no 3G to eat. What shall they do?"

"Let them eat WiFi."

That's satire.

That's cracking.. 

Mine hasnt been working since 4pm yesterday cry 

Well I'm heading to o2 after work to get my phone unlocked then grabbing a SIM from the nearest supermarket from another network if this issue won't be resolved for a while
Level 27: Desk Jockey

@Ladylu505 wrote:
Well I'm heading to o2 after work to get my phone unlocked then grabbing a SIM from the nearest supermarket from another network if this issue won't be resolved for a while

@Ladylu505 an O2 store cannot unlock your phone, it will need to be done via customer service / live chat, which I am imagine will have quite a wait today

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@Ladylu505 wrote:

You'll have to submit a request @Ladylu505 HERE and they'll get right on it. Be aware it can take up to a week, and sometimes it can take less than an hour!

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@PhoneChanger wrote:

@welshsteve76 wrote:

We used to be able to piggy back on another network. Maybe the network providers need to have a deal whereby customers can piggy back off other networks when these things happen.

@welshsteve76Not sure this would be of any use, if all of a sudden 25 million + O2 users suddenly landed on Voda / EE / Three their networks would also fail due to the influx of users onto their infrastructure

True I guess.

Thanks

Steve
Level 40: Notorious

@Ladylu505 wrote:

Use the My o2 app to request your phone being unlocked.

Check which network is used by the other network (giffgaff for instance runs off o2) to make sure it doesn't rely on o2 for a signal.

Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band