Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

We used to be able to piggy back on another network. Maybe the network providers need to have a deal whereby customers can piggy back off other networks when these things happen.

@welshsteve76Not sure this would be of any use, if all of a sudden 25 million + O2 users suddenly landed on Voda / EE / Three their networks would also fail due to the influx of users onto their infrastructure

Message 81 of 715

san
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

still no service!!! Any update on this

Message 82 of 715

Steve1234567890
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
"Your majesty, the people have no 3G to eat. What shall they do?"

"Let them eat WiFi."

That's satire.
Message 83 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steve1234567890 wrote:
"Your majesty, the people have no 3G to eat. What shall they do?"

"Let them eat WiFi."

That's satire.

That's cracking.. 

Message 84 of 715

Jadeyc
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine hasnt been working since 4pm yesterday cry 

Message 85 of 715

Ladylu505
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I'm heading to o2 after work to get my phone unlocked then grabbing a SIM from the nearest supermarket from another network if this issue won't be resolved for a while
Message 86 of 715

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@Ladylu505 wrote:
Well I'm heading to o2 after work to get my phone unlocked then grabbing a SIM from the nearest supermarket from another network if this issue won't be resolved for a while

@Ladylu505 an O2 store cannot unlock your phone, it will need to be done via customer service / live chat, which I am imagine will have quite a wait today

Message 87 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ladylu505 wrote:

You'll have to submit a request @Ladylu505 HERE and they'll get right on it. Be aware it can take up to a week, and sometimes it can take less than an hour!

Message 88 of 715

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:

@welshsteve76 wrote:

We used to be able to piggy back on another network. Maybe the network providers need to have a deal whereby customers can piggy back off other networks when these things happen.

@welshsteve76Not sure this would be of any use, if all of a sudden 25 million + O2 users suddenly landed on Voda / EE / Three their networks would also fail due to the influx of users onto their infrastructure

True I guess.

Thanks

Steve
Message 89 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Ladylu505 wrote:

Use the My o2 app to request your phone being unlocked.

Check which network is used by the other network (giffgaff for instance runs off o2) to make sure it doesn't rely on o2 for a signal.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 90 of 715