Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

Tesco use O2 as well.

Asda use EE

Thanks

Steve
Level 1: Joiner

Hi Emilie,

I have just seen the netwrok issue page . its states that other mobile netwrok services are also facing the issues which is not true .

My colleauges who are using EE, Vodafone and 3mobile all of those are working fine and no lag when they stream anything .

Please dont divert the issues which these silly statements and it is just O2 problem and I can see that here . 

Please sort these as soon as possible rather giving strange statements.

Thank you,

Regards,

Pradeep

Hi my signal came back for half an hour and has now gone again. I have no 3 or 4G. Is there an update on progress on resolving this technical issue. Thanks

I live in North Wales area and have had no service since the issues started. When is this getting resolved please? 

Level 3: Thinker

can we get an update please emille on what is going on, network coverage came on for 1 hr now it is gone... 

it really is not good enough tbh.... network as bin down all morning,, is this going to be  all day...

Level 13: Prompter

[ Edited ]

@Pradeep009

What the O2 update is saying is that other mobile networks that use the same 3rd party software provider across the world are affected.  FOr example, Moviestar is Spain may be affected as they too are Telefónica owned.  The update doesn't mention any networks by name.

Thanks

Steve
Level 38: Lively

It may also mean that it is affecting not just data but calls and texts as well...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

It is not just data but voice and text messages. I would like to know the level of compensation to be given. I would suggest 1 month's fees for each hour that service has not been available. So far it has been just short of 5 hours!

Topics: 20
Kudos: 269

@Karenxx7 wrote:

I live in North Wales area and have had no service since the issues started. When is this getting resolved please? 

@Karenxx7 depends on which part, I'm on Anglesey (east side) and have voice only.

Level 38: Lively

Note now on the status page (https://status.o2.co.uk/):
The network issue we are currently experiencing remains a top priority for us and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the issues.
All O2 technical teams are working closely with one of our third party suppliers who has identified a global software issue in their system which has impacted data services.
We believe other mobile operators around the world are also affected.
We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band