Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tesco use O2 as well.

Asda use EE

Thanks

Steve
Message 91 of 715

Pradeep009
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emilie,

I have just seen the netwrok issue page . its states that other mobile netwrok services are also facing the issues which is not true .

My colleauges who are using EE, Vodafone and 3mobile all of those are working fine and no lag when they stream anything .

Please dont divert the issues which these silly statements and it is just O2 problem and I can see that here . 

Please sort these as soon as possible rather giving strange statements.

Thank you,

Regards,

Pradeep

Message 92 of 715

Rhian
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my signal came back for half an hour and has now gone again. I have no 3 or 4G. Is there an update on progress on resolving this technical issue. Thanks

Message 93 of 715

Karenxx7
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live in North Wales area and have had no service since the issues started. When is this getting resolved please? 

Message 94 of 715

moonlisa16
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can we get an update please emille on what is going on, network coverage came on for 1 hr now it is gone... 

it really is not good enough tbh.... network as bin down all morning,, is this going to be  all day...

Message 95 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Pradeep009

What the O2 update is saying is that other mobile networks that use the same 3rd party software provider across the world are affected.  FOr example, Moviestar is Spain may be affected as they too are Telefónica owned.  The update doesn't mention any networks by name.

Thanks

Steve
Message 96 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
It may also mean that it is affecting not just data but calls and texts as well...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 97 of 715

DoctorO
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is not just data but voice and text messages. I would like to know the level of compensation to be given. I would suggest 1 month's fees for each hour that service has not been available. So far it has been just short of 5 hours!

Message 98 of 715

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Karenxx7 wrote:

I live in North Wales area and have had no service since the issues started. When is this getting resolved please? 

@Karenxx7 depends on which part, I'm on Anglesey (east side) and have voice only.

Message 99 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Note now on the status page (https://status.o2.co.uk/😞
The network issue we are currently experiencing remains a top priority for us and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the issues.
All O2 technical teams are working closely with one of our third party suppliers who has identified a global software issue in their system which has impacted data services.
We believe other mobile operators around the world are also affected.
We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 100 of 715