Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@jezza1234 wrote:

Although I do not disagree with the previous comments re working for a living, unfortuantely those that are disabled/handicapped are also having to claim Universal Credit and they are unable to work through no fault of their own.

spare a thought......

Reply just for balancesmiling

Said tongue in cheek

Not aimed at anyone

I'm disabled myself

....but to a large extent quite true

I come from a generation when going out to work was normal before a lot of the pampered idle drug abusers decided it was their right to play the disability card, who get taxis to the DWP and top up their illegal earnings with jobseekers allowance or incapacity benefit.

In a society where there are so many genuinely homeless through no fault of their own I find it sad that this government sees fit to reward these people leaving little left in the kitty for the NHS

Sermon finished

Merry Christmas winksanta

Message 701 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

DWP......   DISABLED  HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO PROVE IT.  THERE HAVE BEEN CASES OF PEOPLE IN HOSPICES [NOT I SAY HOSPICES ] BEING REQUIRED TO PROVE THEY ONLY HAVE SO LONG TO LIVE AND THEY ALSO HAVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH A WORK COACH COACH AT THE JOBCENTRE AND ATTEND THE WCA. THATS WORK CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT. WITH BREXIT NOW LOOMING ITS GOING TO GET A LOT WORSE UNLESS SOMETHING VERY DRASTIC HAPPENS BETWEEN NOW AND 29/3/19   NOTE THE DATE AND TIME   48B HOURS SHORT OF APRIL FOOLS DAY OURSIDE OF THE INTENATIONAL DATE LINE  

More info
More info
scream
Message 702 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous

Not commenting on all of your post only the part about people in hospice care

As a nurse I can tell you categorically that people receiving care for a terminal illness do NOT have to stay in touch with the DWP at all. That is a downright untruth.

A letter from their GP covers them and they have to take NO further action.

Also... if they are under the care of a hospice (which deals only with people who have life limiting illnesses) they won't need to be in touch with work coaches at the job centre! Again a long term sick note would cover all of that.

Please get your facts right before posting absolute rubbish!!!

PS. if any of that was half true, there are many other ways of getting in touch with the DWP. A  days outage from O2 would not be accepted as an excuse.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 703 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mmmmm

Interesting that @Philip5000 seems to have deleted his account after my response...

Probably just as well!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 704 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Interesting, yet predictable...
Guess facts were too much..
Message 705 of 715

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well the OP might get away with these inaccuracies down the pub but even your average bloke in the street knows better than to be misled by outright untruths let alone a medically trained ward manager. It's very easy to make outrageous claims when you use a network fault as an excuse because you can't be bothered to drag your sorry ass out of bed and make an effort.

Message 706 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's not even factual if you are an inpatient in any hospital, let alone a hospice for terminally ill clients.

A sick note from consultant or a member of his team will cover any such eventuality.

Something to also remember, there are still some areas of the NHS where the use of mobile phones are banned outright.

" Ermmm Mr Bloggs, sorry you are in ITU on a ventilator with multiple injuries, but could you just jump out of bed and check in with the the DWP please? "

Interesting scenario that one!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 707 of 715

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Philip didn't like the truth strangely enough. Took the easy way out by closing his community account. I was hoping he would elaborate a little because I found both of his posts a little difficult to fully understand.

Message 708 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well basically he was about to insinuate that Theresa May had asked O2 to close for the day so 300k people would get sanctioned and the saved money would go into paying for the houses of parliament Xmas bash. Following this he would have rumoured that Jeremy Corbyn would introduce a "downtime tax" to networks in order to save the NHS and also further increase the pay of paperboys/papergirls/papernonbinaries as they can only afford a measly 25 mars bars a week instead of 30, like when he was a lad.
Message 709 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
OMG don't give Theresa May ideas! @viridis at this stage anything could happen. 😪

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 710 of 715