Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj

I have read the link on both websites posted by @Shergar?

Pay Monthly customers will be credited with two days of monthly airtime subscription charges in January.

Pay As You Go customers will get 10% credit on a top-up and Pay As You Go mobile broadband users will get 10% off a Bolt On purchase, in the new year.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 571 of 715

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Well between all my lines I’m probably on for about £3. So thanks for the beer O2 much appreciated 🍺🍺🍺

Message 572 of 715

Denise100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hmm booted outa my own question ha! charming, anyhoo since I'm here. Missed a delivery I was absolutely desperate for n now I have to pay a bloody fee! My sitter was sick and couldn't call or txt to say and. Yes there's more,I missed work because of this mess(I'm on call btw) unreal! O2 actually txt me just before we all had problems telling me what my bill was for Dec..Hmm didn't have any problems there did you o2!! I'm rajin :(:(
Message 573 of 715

Denise100
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ops twice I'm new to this lol soz
Message 574 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

This is the link I opened:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-4g-working-again-complaint-compens...

There is no mention of what compensation will be, only that the network should be working again?

Then there was a second link that DID have the compensation details on it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 575 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

This is the link I opened:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-4g-working-again-complaint-compens...

There is no mention of what compensation will be, only that the network should be working again?

Then there was a second link that DID have the compensation details on it.

Must be glitching . The independent one opened first time and then the BBC one as well. No worries anyway.joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 576 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The message about network issues has dropped off the status checker page now @EmilieT.
Is it worth having a link to this thread instead as no message about it could be a little misleading...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 577 of 715

Phil02
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was without a phone all day yesterday and this had a big impact I missed a few important call! This is so annoying! How is O2 going to ensure that this isn’t something that is going to happen all the time?

Message 578 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Hi everyone, 

We’re very sorry about yesterday’s data issue. We understand how important it is to stay connected, especially at this time of year. 

We will be in touch with our customers shortly to share: 
• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 

We’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. We’re doing all we can to make sure this issue doesn’t happen again 

Just seen this @EmilieT

Thanks for the official confirmation...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 579 of 715

jo82
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
all data txts and calls were effected for me yesterday!
my husband had to come out of work to collect our daughter as i wasnt contactable!! i couldnt call or txt my husband to say i was ok and able to collect our daughter! txts bounced back at 8.30am.... its terrible that it went on for so many hours yesterday. see txts came thru for bills tho!! yes i would of paid it if i was able to use my phone to do so! are we all going to get compensated or just those who phoned and complained yesterday?
Message 580 of 715