Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 730

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

@gmarkj

I have read the link on both websites posted by @Shergar?

Pay Monthly customers will be credited with two days of monthly airtime subscription charges in January.

Pay As You Go customers will get 10% credit on a top-up and Pay As You Go mobile broadband users will get 10% off a Bolt On purchase, in the new year.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 8
Kudos: 154

Well between all my lines I’m probably on for about £3. So thanks for the beer O2 much appreciated 🍺🍺🍺

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Hmm booted outa my own question ha! charming, anyhoo since I'm here. Missed a delivery I was absolutely desperate for n now I have to pay a bloody fee! My sitter was sick and couldn't call or txt to say and. Yes there's more,I missed work because of this mess(I'm on call btw) unreal! O2 actually txt me just before we all had problems telling me what my bill was for Dec..Hmm didn't have any problems there did you o2!! I'm rajin Smiley SadSmiley Sad
Highlighted

Ops twice I'm new to this lol soz
Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

This is the link I opened:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-4g-working-again-complaint-compens...

There is no mention of what compensation will be, only that the network should be working again?

Then there was a second link that DID have the compensation details on it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted

@gmarkj wrote:

This is the link I opened:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-4g-working-again-complaint-compens...

There is no mention of what compensation will be, only that the network should be working again?

Then there was a second link that DID have the compensation details on it.

Must be glitching . The independent one opened first time and then the BBC one as well. No worries anyway.joy

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

The message about network issues has dropped off the status checker page now @EmilieT.
Is it worth having a link to this thread instead as no message about it could be a little misleading...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted

I was without a phone all day yesterday and this had a big impact I missed a few important call! This is so annoying! How is O2 going to ensure that this isn’t something that is going to happen all the time?

Highlighted

@EmilieT wrote:

Hi everyone, 

We’re very sorry about yesterday’s data issue. We understand how important it is to stay connected, especially at this time of year. 

We will be in touch with our customers shortly to share: 
• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 

We’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. We’re doing all we can to make sure this issue doesn’t happen again 

Just seen this @EmilieT

Thanks for the official confirmation...

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

all data txts and calls were effected for me yesterday!
my husband had to come out of work to collect our daughter as i wasnt contactable!! i couldnt call or txt my husband to say i was ok and able to collect our daughter! txts bounced back at 8.30am.... its terrible that it went on for so many hours yesterday. see txts came thru for bills tho!! yes i would of paid it if i was able to use my phone to do so! are we all going to get compensated or just those who phoned and complained yesterday?