Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree with @welshsteve76

We have all experienced this outage. It had affected us all. For various personal reasons I need to keep in touch with my husband today. We have agreed if I need him I will call him from our landline to his works number. So I appreciate people are having problems but it IS being restored slowly. O2 can't afford to have customers without coverage. All networks have outages

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 715

Mumof3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that but it still doesn't explain that they can post comments with updates but not acknowledge the many comments saying that it's not just data that's affected. I understand they may be trying to sort it but nowhere does it tell customers why they can't make or receive calls or texts!
Message 52 of 715

Steve1234567890
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's back.
Message 53 of 715

moonlisa16
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

like Houga allat said we live in a different world now, not like in the 80s or 90s when payphones were accessable or everyone had land lines. technology does go down and problems arise!!! however to make silly remarks and humour when a lady as a sick child and cant get in touch with chidminder or nursery.... its not about managers letting you phone home or your family, its that we pay for a service. yes issues arise however, comments like yours are not welcome when people are rushing to work and streeed already.

typical of a response to peoples problems and stress i feel.... and we are not ranting and raving... your remarks about a landline and to use works phones was out order. 

you have no empathy towards people i feel..... 

Message 54 of 715

Ladylu505
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there any way to make calls or send texts over WiFi? I know there used to be a a TuGo app, does that still exist?
Message 55 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mumof3 wrote:
Thanks for that but it still doesn't explain that they can post comments with updates but not acknowledge the many comments saying that it's not just data that's affected. I understand they may be trying to sort it but nowhere does it tell customers why they can't make or receive calls or texts!

Mine was the same @Mumof3. However I'm in the Midlands and calls and texts have been restored. Hopefully you get yours back soon?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ladylu505 wrote:
Is there any way to make calls or send texts over WiFi? I know there used to be a a TuGo app, does that still exist?

No Tugo has gone @Ladylu505, Replaced with WiFi calling. Though you need a handset compatible with that.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 715

JamesS
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use my phone for business, this is a fricking joke .... lost a lot of money on the back of this!!!!! nauseated_face

Message 58 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Very true, but that would depend on what information they are given.
Most of the outages (to start with) were data only. It then escalated to no connection at all.
If I am honest, then if there is an issue then it may well be that they need to clear the decks entirely before they can fix it. This might mean that it goes completely.
I am lucky in that I did not lose the ability to text (as far as I know), and I have WiFi at work.
However, buried in the Ts & Cs of the contract will be clauses that say something about not being able to guarantee signal 100% of the time. Other networks have also had issues like these. That is one of the reasons why a number of people maintain a landline, or have a second line on a different network.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 59 of 715

Mumof3
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I hope yours stays on for you, mine came on about 8am, managed to send 3 text messages then went off again. It's all messed up, myself and my 3 children are all on o2, at times when we try calling it goes straight to answer machine (makes you think it's working, apart from the fact we know there's no reason for it to divert) and now mine is saying "Not registered on network" it's so frustrating!!
Message 60 of 715