Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 663

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

I agree with @welshsteve76

We have all experienced this outage. It had affected us all. For various personal reasons I need to keep in touch with my husband today. We have agreed if I need him I will call him from our landline to his works number. So I appreciate people are having problems but it IS being restored slowly. O2 can't afford to have customers without coverage. All networks have outages

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks for that but it still doesn't explain that they can post comments with updates but not acknowledge the many comments saying that it's not just data that's affected. I understand they may be trying to sort it but nowhere does it tell customers why they can't make or receive calls or texts!

It's back.
Level 3: Thinker

like Houga allat said we live in a different world now, not like in the 80s or 90s when payphones were accessable or everyone had land lines. technology does go down and problems arise!!! however to make silly remarks and humour when a lady as a sick child and cant get in touch with chidminder or nursery.... its not about managers letting you phone home or your family, its that we pay for a service. yes issues arise however, comments like yours are not welcome when people are rushing to work and streeed already.

typical of a response to peoples problems and stress i feel.... and we are not ranting and raving... your remarks about a landline and to use works phones was out order. 

you have no empathy towards people i feel..... 

Is there any way to make calls or send texts over WiFi? I know there used to be a a TuGo app, does that still exist?

@Mumof3 wrote:
Thanks for that but it still doesn't explain that they can post comments with updates but not acknowledge the many comments saying that it's not just data that's affected. I understand they may be trying to sort it but nowhere does it tell customers why they can't make or receive calls or texts!

Mine was the same @Mumof3. However I'm in the Midlands and calls and texts have been restored. Hopefully you get yours back soon?

*The Game Is On*

[ Edited ]

@Ladylu505 wrote:
Is there any way to make calls or send texts over WiFi? I know there used to be a a TuGo app, does that still exist?

No Tugo has gone @Ladylu505, Replaced with WiFi calling. Though you need a handset compatible with that.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

*The Game Is On*

I use my phone for business, this is a fricking joke .... lost a lot of money on the back of this!!!!! nauseated face

Level 40: Notorious

Very true, but that would depend on what information they are given.
Most of the outages (to start with) were data only. It then escalated to no connection at all.
If I am honest, then if there is an issue then it may well be that they need to clear the decks entirely before they can fix it. This might mean that it goes completely.
I am lucky in that I did not lose the ability to text (as far as I know), and I have WiFi at work.
However, buried in the Ts & Cs of the contract will be clauses that say something about not being able to guarantee signal 100% of the time. Other networks have also had issues like these. That is one of the reasons why a number of people maintain a landline, or have a second line on a different network.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

I hope yours stays on for you, mine came on about 8am, managed to send 3 text messages then went off again. It's all messed up, myself and my 3 children are all on o2, at times when we try calling it goes straight to answer machine (makes you think it's working, apart from the fact we know there's no reason for it to divert) and now mine is saying "Not registered on network" it's so frustrating!!