Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, I've just posted an update in the OP:

One of our 3rd party suppliers has identified a software issue in their system. Our technical teams are working extremely hard to resolve this. We'd encourage you to use Wi-Fi wherever you can and we are really sorry.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 41 of 715

caz111
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been talking to someone at 02 on live chat and they have said that they have no updates yet but we can be assured that the engineers are working on it.   sighs no updates 😞

Message 42 of 715

Hdavey17
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This issue with the network is causing problems with calls.  I am unable to make or receive calls, no data coverage, text messages not working.

Do we have any idea on a timescale of when things will be back up running?

Will we receive any credit to offset problems on our next bill?

Message 43 of 715

Tob
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no ohone or data coverage now 9.48

Message 44 of 715

moonlisa16
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi,

02 still have not anwsered the question relating to are we the customers who pay for a service going to be refunded for lost of service.

you dont pay for something then it does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i understand things go wrong however, we all pay our bills and if there is a problem or issue im sure if we couldnt pay 02 would switch you off until payment is paid.... 

so are we going to get a refund on our next bill 02.... 4 hrs of no service!!!!!

Message 45 of 715

HougaAllst
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I mean how patronising are your words... Of course I remember that phone... I'm 40 years old but the whole of society has changed and shifted with the technology we have and therefore expectations of what we have available to us are different.

It'd be like paying for your gas and electric and although you've paid for it, it simply won't come on. Then someone says, "eh up lad, just go shop and get a bag of coal and put a proper fire on't fireplace, that'll keep you warm" or "hey, you've got jumpers and socks mate, just put an extra pair on!"... "Want to cook your dinner, ne'er mind pal, we'll start a fire in't garden and roast us a chicken, like they used to do in caveman times"...

Silly silly post and so ignorant to the needs of others, very narrow minded.

Message 46 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Hello.  I sent a text this morning. It went to my OUTBOX then sent the same text to the person I was texting 6  times.  I phone 4445 this morning at 07.55 and the voice said the office is now closed  I phone again at 08.03 and it did not even ring out. I am now having problems with other calls too

Message 47 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm not too happy with the situation either, but ranting and raving at people on here and saying you're going to leave the network is not going to help the situation.  No offence was meant and I was merely trying to lighten the mood, but clearly people have a different sense of humour to me. 

As for not being able to leave your work for a few minutes to call somebody, well, bosses that do not allow this should be ashamed of themselves.

Thanks

Steve
Message 48 of 715

Mumof3
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What's the point in having a thread when o2 don't respond!! Update.....use WiFi where possible......what about the fact that calls and texts are affected?? Why have o2 not even acknowledged this fact??
Message 49 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Mumof3 This is an O2 users community forum.  It is not managed by O2 customer services unfortunately.

However, there are admins on here with a direct line to O2.

These guys/gals have always been helpful.

EmilieT

Marjo

Martin-O2

Thanks

Steve
Message 50 of 715