Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 1: Joiner

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

No O2 coverage all morning, no calls, texts, internet, nor did o2 inform any users, an email would have been nice. I've been sitting for hours for hours trying to figure this out and fix it, before actually coming across this message on O2 website. Not good customer care

02 are an absolute shambles. Will be joining another network provider ASAP.

"Borrow a phone", "use a landline"... completely missing the point. I shouldn't have to. My phone should be available if i am needed. How often do I ring, everyone 10 minutes, every hour... if I feel something in my waters? I am at work, I can't be nipping off every now and again to ask if everything is ok.

A joke.

I have no service at all in B47, data seems fine but no calls at all.

Not just data - no calls in Birmingham B47

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

Sorry to say, but some of the reactions to this have been a bit extreme.  Things like this happen and I'm sure they are doing all they can to restore service (it's in their own interests too).   It's not great, I agree, and a little more communication would have been good (although with no text service in some areas what else can they do?).

Those saying they cannot contact anybody are just being over the top, I'm sorry.  Remember these things called land line phones?

Image result for telephone

If you're at work, you have internet, which means you have access to your google/apple account, and would therefore have access to your contact list.  Surely where you work has phone?

Thanks

Steve

I'm not sure your wonderful solution applies in my truck when I'm losing money not being able to receive calls from my customers. Thanks though.
Level 3: Thinker

WHAT!!! 

yeah right we all have time and our managers to take time out to call childminders and poorly relations.. how dare you!!! we pay for a service, yes things go wrong that is not the issue., and to use a public phone or or land line, my dad does not have a land line and neither do i. i work in a library and cant keep going off the floor to phone my poorly father. and use works phones... 

i feel you steve are not understanding or having emapthy towards people at this present time, when things go wrong. im a mother myself... and a sick child and parent is on your mind... whether you can get in connect or not... 

it was uncalled for what you wrote tbh.... 

Topics: 8
Kudos: 152

So glad I have two different networks running in my dual sim setup on iPhone XS

Really helps in situations like this. Hopefully O2 turn it off and on again soon
Highlighted

On one hand, it's not a war zone, so a bit of perspective required.

On on the other hand, however, you pay for a service that you build your life around, and so when that service fails to deliver, you have every right to feel aggrieved - as I do, right now, given that I can't make phone calls for work (bit of a problem when you work from home!)

I imagine O2 will bit hit pretty hard by this, so let's see how effective their handling of this is