Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Kels250
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No O2 coverage all morning, no calls, texts, internet, nor did o2 inform any users, an email would have been nice. I've been sitting for hours for hours trying to figure this out and fix it, before actually coming across this message on O2 website. Not good customer care
Message 31 of 715

Kingdong
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02 are an absolute shambles. Will be joining another network provider ASAP.

Message 32 of 715

HougaAllst
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
"Borrow a phone", "use a landline"... completely missing the point. I shouldn't have to. My phone should be available if i am needed. How often do I ring, everyone 10 minutes, every hour... if I feel something in my waters? I am at work, I can't be nipping off every now and again to ask if everything is ok.

A joke.
Message 33 of 715

JaneWeaver
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have no service at all in B47, data seems fine but no calls at all.

Message 34 of 715

JaneWeaver
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not just data - no calls in Birmingham B47

Message 35 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry to say, but some of the reactions to this have been a bit extreme.  Things like this happen and I'm sure they are doing all they can to restore service (it's in their own interests too).   It's not great, I agree, and a little more communication would have been good (although with no text service in some areas what else can they do?).

Those saying they cannot contact anybody are just being over the top, I'm sorry.  Remember these things called land line phones?

Image result for telephone

If you're at work, you have internet, which means you have access to your google/apple account, and would therefore have access to your contact list.  Surely where you work has phone?

Thanks

Steve
Message 36 of 715

Ferretti
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm not sure your wonderful solution applies in my truck when I'm losing money not being able to receive calls from my customers. Thanks though.
Message 37 of 715

moonlisa16
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WHAT!!! 

yeah right we all have time and our managers to take time out to call childminders and poorly relations.. how dare you!!! we pay for a service, yes things go wrong that is not the issue., and to use a public phone or or land line, my dad does not have a land line and neither do i. i work in a library and cant keep going off the floor to phone my poorly father. and use works phones... 

i feel you steve are not understanding or having emapthy towards people at this present time, when things go wrong. im a mother myself... and a sick child and parent is on your mind... whether you can get in connect or not... 

it was uncalled for what you wrote tbh.... 

Message 38 of 715

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
So glad I have two different networks running in my dual sim setup on iPhone XS

Really helps in situations like this. Hopefully O2 turn it off and on again soon
Message 39 of 715

Kpg105
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On one hand, it's not a war zone, so a bit of perspective required.

On on the other hand, however, you pay for a service that you build your life around, and so when that service fails to deliver, you have every right to feel aggrieved - as I do, right now, given that I can't make phone calls for work (bit of a problem when you work from home!)

I imagine O2 will bit hit pretty hard by this, so let's see how effective their handling of this is

Message 40 of 715