Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight - Curmudgeon

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for the first Community Spotlight of the year, and today we'll be learning more about ... Drum

Curmudgeon bulb

Since he joined the forum last November, he has become a regular contributor around here. He answered a few of our questions to help you guys get to know him better but you can ask him some more in the below if you're curious about anything wink

What’s your name and where are you from?

Leigh from Leeds, but I now live in The Midlands

Why did you join the O2 forum initially?

To find out about the network, it’s strengths, weaknesses & info on the Moto G5 I bought on a Black Friday deal

What do you like best about the Community?

@Glory1 because they too are a Good Wife / Good Fight fan!

Apple, Android or Windows?

Apple for phone, Android for tv shows (Metal Mickey anyone?) and Windows for a 90s gaming pc.. (Red Alert & Carmageddon) 

Favourite movie and/or TV Show?

Movies - Mary Poppins / The Sound of Music / Victor/Victoria 

TV - Wentworth Prison / Prisoner Cell Block H / The Good Fight 

Do you have any pets?

I’d love a pet, but with the amount of time I spend out of the house it would be unfair to leave him/her alone.

What is your favourite word?

GRIM

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Trip you up and leave you!  

What is your perfect pizza like?

Pepperoni, Chorizo and extra cheese please! 

Future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

I’m not looking forward to anything really. I just sit here amazed at the things people invent, but then find myself wondering why such simple ideas weren’t thought up &/or implemented sooner!

What do you like to do in your spare time, besides hanging out around here?

After getting rid of my car 11 years ago I began walking everywhere, but with dodgy feet I turned to biking instead.

I bought a hybrid for £65 from a friend. Covering 8000 miles in my first year meant I needed to save for a Road Bike, which I did. Up until last year I was accident free(near enough) but after 3 consecutive months of offs & a stay in hospital, I swapped it for an ex hire mountain bike. It took me a few months to outgrow that and now I’m currently waiting for my Cube Acid 2018 to be invisi-framed & built ready for my 1st reliability trial in June & a few off road races over the summer!

My other passion.. music.. it’s on 24/7. Madonna, Muse, Bette Midler, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Steps, The 80s & 90s ..but none of that stuff the kids of today call music.. ugh .. 

Awesome stuff, thanks again @Curmudgeon for your answers!

Feel free to say hi or ask any follow-up questions in the comments, and have a lovely weekend everyone slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 107
106 REPLIES 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Guilt ... survival / self preservation / putting on my Happy Face when out of the house - not ever being Good Enough = Black Sheep of the Family - short n fat - old with a well-lived in face etc etc etc

That's a perfect description of me too.

Thing is now I've actually realised I'm never going to be happy.. so I do my damnedest to make sure everything I do is to make others happy. And before anyone says that's such a sad way to live (And you're right, it is) what's the alternative. 

Thinking about my situation.. wallowing... taking a handful of pills, throwing myself off a bridge, electrocution, drown myself? I've tried them all.. And guess what.. I totally suck at trying to top myself 😤

As for friends.. I have a handful.. not many people can put up with the madness that goes with bipolar, BPD and schizophrenia. So I'm grateful for the ones I have.. And everyone else who doesn't understand.. can go ****** themselves. 

I tried for so many years to fit in, until I'd reached the point where trying to stick a brave face on became too much and I ended up where I am today.. 

No pity needed, so can it peeps.. this is me, no secrets, no lies.. everything from the core! 

PS don't worry about the thread @Glory1  it's great to hear anything from anyone about everything! 👍

Message 91 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I find it extremely heart warming to see how people open up when given the opportunity.

If nothing else, people can see they aren't the only ones who suffer.

From a personal perspective, I prefer to listen and if asked, offer advice. Sometimes I am guilty of that even when I'm not asked!

We are what we are...individuals with flaws. Who cares? Who wants to be perfect?

I can't think of anything more boring....

Just be who you are, there's no need to change for anyone. If people don't like you, that's their problem not yours.

Individuality is the core of society and indeed the human race.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful sentiment @Cleoriff !

Message 93 of 107

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This has certainly been the best of all the spotlights @Anonymous

A very frank and open thread and now we all know a little more of you, of each other, but more importantly, about ourselves.

Message 94 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

A very frank and open thread and now we all know a little more of you, of each other, but more importantly, about ourselves.

And it's all thanks to you lot.. would be very boring without you all..

Now less about me, let's talk about you... what do you think of me?😉

Message 95 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

joy THAT'S what I like about you, you bloody fool...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 107

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Exactly what I love about you; shy, retiring, never speaks his mind NOT!! Seriously, your honesty is what I love about you most. I know where I stand with you and it's very much appreciated.

And thank you for allowing us to take over your Spotlight @Anonymous. It's been very enlightening. It's great to get to know the people behind their forum names. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 97 of 107

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Sorry but I cant think past imagining you in lycra.....

Message 98 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Sorry but I cant think past imagining you in lycra.....

I can't work out if that's flattering or creepy! 😘

Message 99 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guilt ... survival / self preservation / putting on my Happy Face when out of the house - not ever being Good Enough = Black Sheep of the Family - short n fat - old with a well-lived in face etc etc etc

That's a perfect description of me too.

Thing is now I've actually realised I'm never going to be happy.. so I do my damnedest to make sure everything I do is to make others happy. And before anyone says that's such a sad way to live (And you're right, it is) what's the alternative. 

Thinking about my situation.. wallowing... taking a handful of pills, throwing myself off a bridge, electrocution, drown myself? I've tried them all.. And guess what.. I totally suck at trying to top myself 😤

As for friends.. I have a handful.. not many people can put up with the madness that goes with bipolar, BPD and schizophrenia. So I'm grateful for the ones I have.. And everyone else who doesn't understand.. can go ****** themselves. 

I tried for so many years to fit in, until I'd reached the point where trying to stick a brave face on became too much and I ended up where I am today.. 

No pity needed, so can it peeps.. this is me, no secrets, no lies.. everything from the core! 

PS don't worry about the thread @Glory1  it's great to hear anything from anyone about everything! 👍

Hi @Anonymous It was the 1st thing on my to-do list to contact you today ... you've kept your sense of decorum whilst I feel I havn't ... Peace of Mind is Priceless & I just don't have it ... I wish to say you could meet 3 people with BPD & they would be all different & there are multiple different types eg Type I & Type II, Mixed & all other variants ... Last night I had to take a 2nd sleeping tablet along with 3 diasepam (tranqullizers) as when it became 3:15am it was clear I needed them in order to get some much needed sleed. It's all a matter which coping strategies work for the individual. I'm not much of a social woman but am part of a small close knit group of friends in the pub & we care about, support each other & have a darn good laugh at times = without the good friendship of these people I'd be much worse off in my daily life = with them I'm just one of the lads LOL 

You @Anonymous make me laugh heartily & are a breath of fresh air on the community

Poor mental health is no respector of age / wealth / 'good' or 'bad' people etc ... it just attacks you

I believe the statistics are still the same as when I came to Skipton over 25 years ago = in the foyer of a local NHS dedicated mental health centre was a poster saying 1 in 4 people at some time in their lives health will be affected by a mental health issue

Please don't change @Anonymous ... Happy off road Biking smiling

Message 100 of 107