Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Anonymous

Re: Community Spotlight - Curmudgeon

[ Edited ]

@WispaRed7 wrote:

Guilt ... survival / self preservation / putting on my Happy Face when out of the house - not ever being Good Enough = Black Sheep of the Family - short n fat - old with a well-lived in face etc etc etc

That's a perfect description of me too.

Thing is now I've actually realised I'm never going to be happy.. so I do my damnedest to make sure everything I do is to make others happy. And before anyone says that's such a sad way to live (And you're right, it is) what's the alternative. 

Thinking about my situation.. wallowing... taking a handful of pills, throwing myself off a bridge, electrocution, drown myself? I've tried them all.. And guess what.. I totally suck at trying to top myself 😤

As for friends.. I have a handful.. not many people can put up with the madness that goes with bipolar, BPD and schizophrenia. So I'm grateful for the ones I have.. And everyone else who doesn't understand.. can go ****** themselves. 

I tried for so many years to fit in, until I'd reached the point where trying to stick a brave face on became too much and I ended up where I am today.. 

No pity needed, so can it peeps.. this is me, no secrets, no lies.. everything from the core! 

PS don't worry about the thread @Glory1  it's great to hear anything from anyone about everything! 👍

Topics: 677

I find it extremely heart warming to see how people open up when given the opportunity.

If nothing else, people can see they aren't the only ones who suffer.

From a personal perspective, I prefer to listen and if asked, offer advice. Sometimes I am guilty of that even when I'm not asked!

We are what we are...individuals with flaws. Who cares? Who wants to be perfect?

I can't think of anything more boring....

Just be who you are, there's no need to change for anyone. If people don't like you, that's their problem not yours.

Individuality is the core of society and indeed the human race.

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

Wonderful sentiment @Cleoriff !

Topics: 547

This has certainly been the best of all the spotlights @Anonymous

A very frank and open thread and now we all know a little more of you, of each other, but more importantly, about ourselves.

Anonymous

@jonsie wrote:

A very frank and open thread and now we all know a little more of you, of each other, but more importantly, about ourselves.

And it's all thanks to you lot.. would be very boring without you all..

Now less about me, let's talk about you... what do you think of me?😉

Topics: 677

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

joy THAT'S what I like about you, you bloody fool...LOL

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Exactly what I love about you; shy, retiring, never speaks his mind NOT!! Seriously, your honesty is what I love about you most. I know where I stand with you and it's very much appreciated.

And thank you for allowing us to take over your Spotlight @Anonymous. It's been very enlightening. It's great to get to know the people behind their forum names. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 547

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Sorry but I cant think past imagining you in lycra.....

Anonymous

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Sorry but I cant think past imagining you in lycra.....

I can't work out if that's flattering or creepy! 😘

Topics: 250
Kudos: 421

@Anonymous wrote:

@WispaRed7 wrote:

Guilt ... survival / self preservation / putting on my Happy Face when out of the house - not ever being Good Enough = Black Sheep of the Family - short n fat - old with a well-lived in face etc etc etc

That's a perfect description of me too.

Thing is now I've actually realised I'm never going to be happy.. so I do my damnedest to make sure everything I do is to make others happy. And before anyone says that's such a sad way to live (And you're right, it is) what's the alternative. 

Thinking about my situation.. wallowing... taking a handful of pills, throwing myself off a bridge, electrocution, drown myself? I've tried them all.. And guess what.. I totally suck at trying to top myself 😤

As for friends.. I have a handful.. not many people can put up with the madness that goes with bipolar, BPD and schizophrenia. So I'm grateful for the ones I have.. And everyone else who doesn't understand.. can go ****** themselves. 

I tried for so many years to fit in, until I'd reached the point where trying to stick a brave face on became too much and I ended up where I am today.. 

No pity needed, so can it peeps.. this is me, no secrets, no lies.. everything from the core! 

PS don't worry about the thread @Glory1  it's great to hear anything from anyone about everything! 👍

Hi @Anonymous It was the 1st thing on my to-do list to contact you today ... you've kept your sense of decorum whilst I feel I havn't ... Peace of Mind is Priceless & I just don't have it ... I wish to say you could meet 3 people with BPD & they would be all different & there are multiple different types eg Type I & Type II, Mixed & all other variants ... Last night I had to take a 2nd sleeping tablet along with 3 diasepam (tranqullizers) as when it became 3:15am it was clear I needed them in order to get some much needed sleed. It's all a matter which coping strategies work for the individual. I'm not much of a social woman but am part of a small close knit group of friends in the pub & we care about, support each other & have a darn good laugh at times = without the good friendship of these people I'd be much worse off in my daily life = with them I'm just one of the lads LOL 

You @Anonymous make me laugh heartily & are a breath of fresh air on the community

Poor mental health is no respector of age / wealth / 'good' or 'bad' people etc ... it just attacks you

I believe the statistics are still the same as when I came to Skipton over 25 years ago = in the foyer of a local NHS dedicated mental health centre was a poster saying 1 in 4 people at some time in their lives health will be affected by a mental health issue

Please don't change @Anonymous ... Happy off road Biking smiling

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry