Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volt Customer & Want to Confirm I'm Receiving an eSIM

DougH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm moving to England from the US next week and I placed a Volt order with a SIM card. I specified I have an iPhone, but I see no way to confirm I'm receiving an eSIM and not a physical SIM. My phone doesn't support a physical SIM. I want to make sure there is a functional eSIM code and not a physical SIM when I arrive in the country.

Does anyone know how I can tell if I am receiving an eSIM and not a physical SIM? Or how I can actually get in contact with someone simply ask that can see my order? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@DougH 

From abroad 

+44 7860 980 202

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@DougH 

Looks like you should contact customer service as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

DougH
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I still have not received a response after reaching out through direct message on Twitter. I figured out that I'm getting a triple SIM, which is a physical SIM. I really want to avoid walking to the nearest store after I arrive in country for the first time. Is there no phone number I can call? The live chat has said they are not available for the past few days.

This is a very poor start to my start with O2 and their customer support.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@DougH 

From abroad 

+44 7860 980 202

Message 4 of 6

ari5t0tle405632
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 normally supply a physical sim first then you have to get an esim pack either in store or by mail. They are a bit behind the other networks in the provisioning of these. 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@ari5t0tle405632 wrote:

O2 normally supply a physical sim first then you have to get an esim pack either in store or by mail. They are a bit behind the other networks in the provisioning of these. 

If you are on the new 360 billing system, read this post @ari5t0tle405632 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/360-And-eSIM-Transfer/m-p/1621146/highlight/true#...

Message 6 of 6