Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently ordered an esim - now cannot make calls or texts

Steve7824
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wondered if someone could help? I've just upgraded my tariff and chose the eSim option, as it said that my device was compatible. After my order went through, I've found that my existing sim card is no longer working and it turns out that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10+) isn't compatible with eSim. I've tried to order a replacement sim card in My o2 but it is asking me for a verification code that has been sent to my phone, but my phone isn't receiving texts as the existing sim has been disabled!! 

Obviously I can't call o2's customer service as my phone currently can't make calls. Is there anything else I can do to get things working, or is there a web chat service I can use to contact customer service (I can't see this option on the contact us page or on my o2 homepage).

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7802 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Web chat is available through MyO2

Other contact methods in this Guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Call into an O2 store with photo ID is the quickest way

Unfortunately O2 policy of turning off original SIM cards has gone against you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7802 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Web chat is available through MyO2

Other contact methods in this Guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Call into an O2 store with photo ID is the quickest way

Unfortunately O2 policy of turning off original SIM cards has gone against you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Steve7824
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Enlli, 

I can't find the web chat option for the life of me. There's no stores near me, so I'll see if I can borrow another phone tomorrow and call them then. Hopefully they can send out a replacement sim.

Annoying that it said that my phone was compatible for eSim when it wasn't, and that o2 turned my original sim card straight off, but its a lesson learned.

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11371 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Steve7824 

Webchat is now only available in the myo2 app.. 

If you have internet, the use Skype and call +44 800 902 0217 you only need a free account to call.

Unfortunately as soon as you do this online to an esim  (all networks are the same) they turn off the physical sim..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 5

Steve7824
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I managed to find webchat on the o2 app in the end and o2 have turned my sim back on...I'm not sure now whether I still need a new sim for my upgrade or not, but its not the end of the world either way, at least my phone is working. My plan is to keep an eye on my o2 account and see how things go, my phone's now able to make/send and receive calls and texts so I'll see how things go.

Message 5 of 5