Did you mean: 

when connecting VPN using forticlient, my internet turning slow

jjjose03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I need to connect to our company VPN using forticlient, when im connected with my o2, it seems like the internet is slow, but when im using different network like vodafone.. its working fine with VPN ( and all of my officemates as well) .. I think the issue is the o2 cant connect to my office vpn.. is there any thing that i need to do? thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jjjose03
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Additional info about the issue, it just happen when im connected to our office forticlient VPN, but when im not connected to VPN my wifi and connections has NO issue. please see image for speed test when connected to VPN and not connected to VPN. image (2).png

image (1).png

Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@jjjose03 

A speed test on a VPN means nothing. due to routing of network traffic, and its been routed over the VPN tunnel, your Companies IT team will be able to advise if they need to do anything to either the client or the service. 

Also ask your Companies IT Team, if they are doing split tunneling or have put in any traffic restrictions.

Not seen this on either CheckPoint or AnyConnect VPN's  or my own OpenVPN Service

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 8

jjjose03
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just shared the speed test because when im connected to vpn, my internet is slow using o2 sim.. but when im using other sim like three or vodafone with same router.. theres NO issue..

Message 4 of 8

jjjose03
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any configuration needed on o2 restrictions on this? as other network like vodafone or three seems working smoothly?

Message 5 of 8

jjjose03
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

this is still open..

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@jjjose03 

This isnt customer services, this is a peer to peer forum, and advice is given by other customers.

You need to speak to your companies IT team as it sounds like on other networks it is using split tunneling but on o2 its using the full bandwidth to do so. 

Out of curiosity is this a SSL VPN, L2TP or IPSec VPN??? 

There is nothing else o2 can do. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7099 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@jjjose03 This is a community forum made up of customers like yourself

@madasaf1sh is likely to be the only one who has dealt with VPN similar to yours.

If they don't know the answer I'm not sure where you would go next. Certainly the problem is beyond the remit of the normal customer service teams.

Is it O2 Business, if so you could try them as things round here are more consumer based.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8