Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what time do numbers port?

1tzTJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today was the day that o2 gave me for my number porting and was wondering when numbers typically port and what to do if nothing changes, can they do anything on socials because my experience with o2 on socials has been more positive than over phone.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

got a text saying my number has ported and the app has even updated but my original sim still works?

I haven't put in the new sim yet as I don't wanna risk messing anything up and going through more hassle 

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

It won't mess anything up.

All changes are on O2's system so doesn't matter which sim is where.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 22

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thank you, ill change it when i can! any idea why my old sim is still working?

Message 13 of 22

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

The short answer is that it shouldn't be.

Try your O2 sim and see what happens.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 22

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

new sim works but I'm not receiving texts?

data and calls work fine it's just texts 

Message 15 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Texts are always the last thing to straighten out after a number port @1tzTJ 

It can up a couple of days for all the systems to update and synchronise, so give it some time

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 22

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thank you good to know it'll get sorted eventually 

thought it was strange that I can make and receive call and even send texts just can't receive them lmao 

Message 17 of 22

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is resetting mobile network settings safe to do?

o2 on twitter are telling me to do it as it may fix the texts but the phone warns me I may not be able to connect to my mobile network afterwards 

Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

What phone do you have?

Message 19 of 22

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

an s24 ultra

Message 20 of 22