Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jwc72 

I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 161 of 271

iphone14promax
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Sarah- I ported over from ee to o2 yesterday and I cannot activate my iMessage or FaceTime either. can you pls help me mate as I need my iMessages working as I am missing messages that my customers have sent me.

Message 162 of 271

iphone14promax
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Sarah- I ported from ee to o2 yesterday and still can't activate iMessage. pls can you help as I am missing messages that my customer are sending me. thanks 

Message 163 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@iphone14promax wrote:

Hello @O2Sarah- I ported from ee to o2 yesterday and still can't activate iMessage. pls can you help as I am missing messages that my customer are sending me. thanks 

Hi @iphone14promax - it is @O2Georgina who is on this morning, hopefully she sees my tag and gets back to you presently. Good luck!

Message 164 of 271

iphone14promax
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks pgn. I am chatting with her but so far no fix yet 😞

Message 165 of 271

CGreen89
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue. Got the phone Monday, been to store who changed sim but it hasn’t helped. Wanting to return as I need a working phone 

Message 166 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@CGreen89 wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Got the phone Monday, been to store who changed sim but it hasn’t helped. Wanting to return as I need a working phone 

Tagging @O2KyleW who is in this evening, @CGreen89 - keep a watch for a message seeking more info to follow-up. Good luck!

Message 167 of 271

CGreen89
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Spoke to someone the other day via chat who said no international bar was on my account however someone on phone said they have just removed it. I also requested £0 spend cap be changed to £5 to see if it will make a difference but no luck so far 

Message 168 of 271

02yas90
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem. Joining O2 from EE. iMessage or facetime will not activate. Can somebody from O2 please reach out to me?

Message 169 of 271

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Emma would you be able to take a look at this for @02yas90?

Message 170 of 271