Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander OTP not received

Jayef
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just switched to O2 from Sky, & trying to register a new OnePlus phone using Santander app.

Problem is that Santander OTP is not being received. All other text sending & receiving is fine.

I see others have had a similar problem, but can't find a solution.

Any advice please as to next steps to fix.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37230 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Did O2Jonathan get in touch with you earlier, @Daniel84?

Message 31 of 50

BobsYourUncle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am having the same issue with Santander OTPs not being received. Online chat are completely incompetent even though I have linked them to this forum post and the social media teams are non-responsive. Is anybody here able to help?

Message 32 of 50

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7103 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@BobsYourUncle wrote:

Hi, I am having the same issue with Santander OTPs not being received. Online chat are completely incompetent even though I have linked them to this forum post and the social media teams are non-responsive. Is anybody here able to help?

Not until Monday Morning

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to take a look

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 33 of 50

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 

@BobsYourUncle I will send you a private message to check your account. 

Message 34 of 50

iamqer
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have the same problem with my bank OTP code, could anyone can help me

Message 35 of 50

pgn
  • 37230 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@iamqer wrote:

@O2Sarah- is on duty this morning, @iamqer - keep an eye on your Private Messages for a request from her for more info to follow-up for you. Good luck!

Message 36 of 50

pgn
  • 37230 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@iamqer wrote:

As O2Sarah- must be busy, there is @O2Ryan  who has just come on-duty, I've tagged them and as before, @iamqer - keep an eye on the Forum here for their response. Good luck!

Message 37 of 50

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 38 of 50

Jasphills
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP 😥

It is March 2023 and it seems that all of the trouble you guys have been experiencing has still not been fixed. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and for the last 4 days have not been able to receive OTP codes and some text messages. I can send texts to people I know but out of curiosity I sent a balance request to O2 on 20202 and the message failed around five or six time over the last few days. I read literally everything on Google with regards to `Fixes` but nothing. I even fully factory reset my phone in case something had become corrupted ..... Nothing, still the same. Last resort was speaking to O2 yesterday (30th March 2023) and the advisor was only telling me to do what was online and when I said I had done everything I was told that she was only trying to help by reading online !!! Ummmmm, really ? The only thing she did do was she guided me through the process of changing the messaging centre number in the settings and that allowed me to send a balance request successfully but that was it. I am still not receiving any OTP codes. She then said that it could be down to the individual company I am trying to get the OTP from, ummmmmm, nope. I run my own business from home and I use Amazon which I receive no codes from now, both my personal and business bank accounts, no codes and what is really worrying me now is that on 6th April I have to file my tax returns and guess what I will need from HMRC to log in ...... yep, an OTP Code.

She advised that she was elevating the issue to some team but this could take 3 to 5 working days to get a call back and that is if that happens. I am now at my wits end with this and could really do with some help if anyone has any other ideas. I am not sure how to use all of the tagging stuff you guys use here for those amazing people who have helped you but I could really use the help right now as filing my returns late is absolutely scaring the heebee geebees out of me 😰

The thing is I see you all sharing links for Facebook and Twitter etc and I am not on any of them and so I hope some help can be provided outside of these realms.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Message 39 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Jasphills 

I'll tag @O2Georgina who is the account advisor on this morning. Hopefully she will be able to help you.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 50