Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement sim not working in new iPhone

HeatherMcC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi please can you help me? My daughter lost her phone and bought a reconditioned iPhone pro plus to replace it, I ordered her a new sim and got it activated. Waiting 48 hours, turned phone on and off, the phone now says O2 in the corner but it is not working on 3G or 4G, no calling etc. working. I called helpline and did a network reset still no joy, what can we do?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149958 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@HeatherMcC 

O2 need to remove the bars that were placed on the account when reported lost.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 149958 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@HeatherMcC 

O2 need to remove the bars that were placed on the account when reported lost.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 15

HeatherMcC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI MI5, thank you very much for that, I find O2 almost completely useless on the phone! I will try again - and try to be patient with the 10 mins of security checks and the inability to listen to what I am saying 🙄 I'll let you know how I get on. Many thanks for your help

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 149958 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Good luck wink

Message 4 of 15

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Any luck getting through to customer service @HeatherMcC?

Message 5 of 15

HeatherMcC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Breanna, Not sure if my reply worked, I'll try again -  I called last night and was told to check that the phone number was shown correctly in settings / icon / Name, Phone numbers, Email. I checked my daughter's phone when she got home and it was already correct. I was planning to try calling again today at 4pm when she is home from school. Any other ideas? Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 15

HeatherMcC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To add to that - I was told that the number is not blocked and it could be a fault with the sim?

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 149958 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Good grief. It gets worse !

@O2Helen01 please help @HeatherMcC 

Message 8 of 15

O2Helen01
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all, thanks for the tag @MI5@HeatherMcC  I'm going to send you a message privately and we can discuss your issue further.

Message 9 of 15

HeatherMcC
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Helen, do you work for O2? would you be able to suggest a solution that might work? 

Message 10 of 15