Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Network Coverage

JackBattersby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on 02 Business Customer and (sadly) in contract until February 2026. The network coverage where I live here in Taunton, Somerset has been getting progressively worse and worse for me in recent years. So much so, that I am actually surprised when I have anything more than 3G. Would there be a term in my contract saying something along the lines of O2 has failed in its obligations to me therefore I can leave the contract early? I'm so sick of it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23968 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@JackBattersby See if anything in the guides below helps:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

WiFi and 4G Calling: Everything You Need To Know (o2.co.uk)

If nothing works, you can lodge a formal complaint here: How to Complain | Help | O2

We understand that it's taking O2 around 8 weeks to reply, and there's still no guarantee that your issue will be resolved. 

You could also cancel and write it off as a business expense, but before you do, get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see if you get a better signal from any of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7883 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1646 Solutions

@JackBattersby O2 (and other networks) have got your situation covered in the Terms and Conditions you signed, as no way out there.

I have to say that if coverage has been getting worse for some years why did you stick with O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 213 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

No network guarantees a particular radio access technology (or "G") to provide coverage in any particular location, T&Cs do provide for this.

Neither do those legals guarantee a fault-free service 24/7/365. If you pursued any formal claim, O2 could very easily argue that by recently re-contracting, that you have accepted the coverage levels in this area.

Message 4 of 4