Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Network Coverage O2

ClareM111
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed to O2 in August 2022, ever since then I have had consistent issues with my phone signal/mobile connection . The phone keeps dropping out when I am on a call, I can hear the other person, they can't hear me for periods of up to a minute.  I have also noticed intermittent problems where i have no mobile/data coverage.  I live in a city (Portsmouth) so would not expect any network issues. Coverage map shows me Coverage should be good indoors & outdoors. Raising a ticket has reported no known issues. Given that I changed from Giffgaff which uses the O2 network where I never had a problem this is incredibly frustrating. I am now locked into this contract for another 12 months - I will be looking to leave ASAP. Has anyone else had similar issues in the PO4 area????

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7755 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

That's a strange one seeing you were on Giffgaff as they use O2 and the signal should be identical.

Don't know if this applies but I put in a Portsmouth Postcode

Screenshot_20221128_100809_Chrome.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148661 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

@ClareM111 

If you put an actual Portsmouth postcode (rather than Paisley ;)) in here O2 Service Status 

It states that the network is congested and that services, particularly data, are running slow.

Pretty standard these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

ClareM111
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thanks - when you say 'pretty standard these days' - do you mean specifically O2 or just all network coverage in general?

Message 4 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7755 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

My experience is it's pretty standard for O2

I have a dual SIM with Vodafone and O2. Think I have had one case of congestion on Vodafone, but I see it regularly on O2

Adding 3 million Virgin Mobile users has not helped

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148661 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

Standard for O2 @ClareM111 

If you want fast data, move to EE.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

Mal098
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live and work in Guildford Surrey and since some upgrades to the 5G network in Guildford, my signal plus 4G and 5G data speed has been appalling.  Calls sometimes do not go through or drop, and the data speeds are excruciatingly slow.  Sometimes a simple Whatsapp (no picture or video) message takes a minute or two to send.  There are now no reported issues but something has clearly gone wrong since October onwards.

Colleagues on O2 report similar issues.  Doing anything over the internet is slow, and anything requiring a good connection (picture/video) is almost impossible without wifi.  

I'm locked in to a long term O2 contract and, as an ex EE customer, I'm regretting my decision to change. 

Is there any update from O2 please?

Message 7 of 9

Sandra42
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Put your postcode into the network coverage site click the data coverage etc separately it will show your home status not the rubbish one as I call it 

Message 8 of 9

Sandra42
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since july/August last year our wifi isn't just slow its non existent. I had a new box placed directly outside my house and since then IMPOSSIBLE yet EE works fantastic  I have now fiber optics with giganet which is what I tether my wifi to as I can only use my data when I go out 

Message 9 of 9