Did you mean: 

Phone signal quality

KelvinC-M
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My husband and I both have O2 sims and iPhone 13

When he’s travelling from Norwich to home near Great Yarmouth or I’m driving from Lowestoft to home neither of us can hold more than a 3 minute conversation before the phone signal drops and we lose the call. We had better quality connection in 1990! What is happening with O2 calls dropping out ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KelvinC-M 

In the 90's you had a 2g device at best.

You may well find that you still get a stable 2g signal now if your phone allowed it.

Your 90's phone also had a better aerial and was probably in a car kit with an external aerial.

Modern cars windscreens can also block the signal partially and as you are moving between cell towers, you may get drop outs when switching from one to another.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @KelvinC-M reporting this issue through My Network app may give some insight. Since you're both using iPhone 13's, you might also try the Troubleshooting guide on O2's website.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Message 3 of 3