Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Failed Number Migration

Jen230
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently (end of May) moved from a business account (at end of contract) to a personal one. I've been trying to get my number migrated over. I've been on the phone to do the process twice and neither time has worked. The last time o2 told me I'd receive a call if it didn't work and I never received a call. I messaged and got half a reply but the messages from them stopped. 

It's getting really frustrating and I just wondered if anyone can help/ advise? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Jen230 

You need to persevere with O2 unfortunately.

All ways here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Jen230
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5. Despite perseverance (futher phone calls and emails) I still haven't gotten anywhere. @Dave-O2 I've seen you have been able to help people out before - could you offer any help at all? 

Message 3 of 10

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Jen230 wrote:

Thanks @MI5. Despite perseverance (futher phone calls and emails) I still haven't gotten anywhere. @Dave-O2 I've seen you have been able to help people out before - could you offer any help at all? 

@Jen230 

I have just made a suggestion to you on the other thread on which you have posted :-

Solved: Number migration - NOT done, repeatedly! - Page 3 - O2 Community

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Number-migration-NOT-done-repeatedly/td-p/1695451/page/3

You are likely to find that @Dave-O2 will not be around until tomorrow (Monday). I suggest that you try the social media team in the meantime. 👍 

Message 4 of 10

QP999
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a similar problem (still ongoing) and it benefited me to go to a store where you can speak to someone face to face. This has meant that an o2 employee has seen the issue and documented and updated tickets for me . If you can't get to a store then keep calling them, and remind them of the time you have been affected by service.

Message 5 of 10

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@QP999 

If that suggestion is aimed at @Jen230, you need to tag her thus. 👍

I must say that the problem under consideration does not strike me as one that an O2 retail store would typically be able to help with. Of course, there is an element of luck in this, both with which store you venture into and which member of staff you engage with. 🤞 

Message 6 of 10

Jen230
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @QP999 unfortunately I already tried going to store and they were unable to help.

Message 7 of 10

Jen230
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Oxonian thank you so much for the suggestions. Unfortunately I've already gone through the process of migration several times via the business service team which have all failed (I've moved business to consumer contract.) I also tried the social media team via Facebook and they were unable to help because I am migrating from business contract 😞 I just keep going round in circles. All my medical records / services have my old number and multi factor authentication for passwords is my old number and it's making everything really difficult. I really hope it can get sorted. I don't really know what else to do now other than retry the business line for the 4th or 5th time or hope that @Dave-O2 has any suggestions when he's back in work 🤞

Message 8 of 10

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hey @Jen230 

Can you please drop me a PM with some further details and I'll see what I can do 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 9 of 10

Jen230
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've messaged you @Dave-O2 

Thank you 

Message 10 of 10