Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sim won't work in US on Oppo phone

SimOnlycustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm presently in the US using an Oppo A96 dual Sim phone. The other sim is a Three Payg. When I arrived both connected to T mobile but had no 4g coverage so I couldn't get online. After a lot of work I got the 3 sim to connect to Verizon and 4g but the O2 sim was stuck on T Mobile’s 2g band. The plan was to use the 3 sim in a Samsung tablet for browsing while on the road. To cut a long story short the O2 sim is now in the tablet and working fine on 4g and the 3 sim is in my phone, so no major drama for a couple of weeks, but still can't work out why the O2 sim wouldn't register on Verizon's 4g network on the Oppo. Sorry this is a bit of a ramble, but typing on the tablet screen is a bit tough.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11638 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@SimOnlycustomer 

You might not be able to connect to Verizon, as in the US you are better trying to connect to AT&T or T-Mobile, and if you can only connect to 2G then that is a restriction on the T-Mobile Network. 

And if I remember you can only have one 4G connection on the Oppo so it is correct it drops down to 2G (I could be wrong though)..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2