Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refresh

Connorm656
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone could someone please clarify.

I am on o2 refresh once I have finished paying off my device plan can I then upgrade the device plan for a new phone but keep the same airtime plan going I.e keep all the same allowance and data for the same airtime cost?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Connorm656
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also to add to my original question..friends and family codes that have been applied to your airtime tarrif. Will this continue to carry on or do they expire at some point on the airtime plan?
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Connorm656 

You can choose a new phone and continue to use your current plan ie

"If you want to upgrade your phone, just pay off your Device Plan and you're free to upgrade while continuing to use your Airtime Plan"..

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/o2-refresh-explained 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

As for your F+F discount, you need to apply for that again Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Connorm656 

Just to mention that custom plans are now part of Refresh. Although it's in the guide I linked to, they are worth a look https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Connorm656
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks cleoriff! So as long as I have this device the current data and f+f rate will apply??

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Connorm656 

Yes. see here

If you want to upgrade your phone, just pay off your Device Plan and you're free to upgrade while continuing to use your Airtime Plan.

As I said , you will have to reapply for the F+F promotion. It won't carry over to a new plan.

Hope that helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Connorm656
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m also trying to purchase a set of Apple airpods from the accessories shop. The company I work for uses o2 open. The previous accessories I have bought have been in the shop where they have applied the discount. Obviously we can’t shop in store at the moment, is their a way of getting your o2 open discount online for accessories?
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Connorm656 

(Firstly) Please note my edits above.

To answer this next query. Open discount is not available on accessories.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Connorm656 wrote:
I’m also trying to purchase a set of Apple airpods from the accessories shop. The company I work for uses o2 open. The previous accessories I have bought have been in the shop where they have applied the discount. Obviously we can’t shop in store at the moment, is their a way of getting your o2 open discount online for accessories?

Hi @Connorm656  Just to clarify o2 open discounts on accessories are only available in stores unfortunately, however under the current circumstances I have asked the question and will update if this changes to include online purchases. With regards to your question around Airpods, they have been discounted at the moment and even if o2 open was an option, they dont apply to products that already have a promotion or discount on, this is the same in stores. Hope that helps.

signature
Message 9 of 10

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All

further to discussion with the relevant team, O2 open discounts are still only available through stores, there has been work on trying to make this work so that genuine o2 open customers can receive the discount and is in constant review, so for now there are some good competitive discounts on the airpods as I checked this versus other reputable online retailers and fingers crossed we can get to a point where we repon our stores safely for our customers and store teams.

signature
Message 10 of 10