cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service disconnected my eSIM less than 30s after telling me this won't happen

ProTofik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a new phone, Pixel 7, which I purchased from the Play Store. At the same time, I signed a new sim-only contract with O2. As part of it, I generated myself a new eSIM on my O2 portal as the physical SIM card slot in my phone is occupied by my work nano SIM from Vodafone.

I've been using the new eSIM with the new phone for the past few days and while work's physical Vodafone SIM card works perfectly fine, my private eSIM O2 stops working every day at exactly 3pm. It is not due to my location. I was in a different town 20 miles away today and exactly the same thing happened at 3pm.

I went today to my local O2 store to ask if they could generate me a new eSIM, but after checking they said I am on some new system and therefore they cannot do it locally and I need to call 202.

I called 202 and described my problem to the customer service advisor. He asked if I want a new eSIM sent to me via post to which I said yes, as long as my current one will remain working until the new one arrives. He said "OK, that's the order plac..." and the call dropped. My current eSIM is now inactive.

I've been trying to retrieve the new eSIM online but I cannot do it as it attempts to send me a text message, which I can't receive now...

Two questions:

1. How can I get my service back immediately? I need it for tomorrow morning.

2. How can I make an official complain about the agent who lied to me that my service will remain active until I activate the new eSIM that is due to arrive somewhere next week?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145107 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@ProTofik 

You'll need to talk to O2 0344 809 0202 

Be quick as they shut at 6.00pm.

Complaints process here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but it's the "new improved" system that shuts down sim cards wen a new one is ordered as a security measure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145107 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@ProTofik 

You'll need to talk to O2 0344 809 0202 

Be quick as they shut at 6.00pm.

Complaints process here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but it's the "new improved" system that shuts down sim cards wen a new one is ordered as a security measure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

ProTofik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, a surprisingly positive outcome. I called the customer support again and a different agent picked up. He was able to put the new eSIM profile onto my O2 profile which I was able to download onto my phone. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145107 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

Good result

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4