Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

RogerWithoutaD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have no service on on of my two O2 contracted phones. The line ending 9873 has no service. I have also tried to contact O2 cust services but does not work. Please advise.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@RogerWithoutaD 

Give them a call on 0800 902 0217 from another phone or use Skype ( Guide: A Guide to Skype ) and as this is a customer to customer community no one can access your account. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@RogerWithoutaD 

Give them a call on 0800 902 0217 from another phone or use Skype ( Guide: A Guide to Skype ) and as this is a customer to customer community no one can access your account. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

RogerWithoutaD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the phone number. The listed 202 and 03448090202 numbers were not recognised on either my wife's phone or landline.

I noticed that there were lots of O2 fault reports on Downdetector.com

I eventually got through on your number, above (using a landline), and a 'difficult to understand' agent said it must be my sim card and is sending a new one. I then pointed out that my wife's phone (on the same O2 contract) was working but could not get through to 202 or 03448090202, so there was apparently a wider issue. The agent took some time to 'raise a report' on my record, then confirmed  that a new sim card was being sent. She also mentioned that work on their internal network was due to start on 22nd May so, maybe, this was something to do with it, she said!!! As I ended the landline call my O2 mobile phone, miraculously, started to work again.

Message 3 of 6

japitts
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@RogerWithoutaD wrote:

I have no service on on of my two O2 contracted phones. The line ending 9873 has no service.

By implication, does this mean one of your two lines does have service? If you swap SIMs between the two phones, does the problem follow the SIM?

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

If O2 are sending you a new SIM and are true to form then they will disconnect the present one. So I doubt swapping into another phone will work at this stage

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23669 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

@RogerWithoutaD For future reference, you cannot call 202 from a land line. You can only call that number from an O2 Pay Monthly phone. The 0800 number can be called from any phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6