Did you mean: 

Can't send SMS to non-added contacts but can once added

Crx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

As per the title - if I try and send an SMS to a number not on my contact list, the SMS will say "error - could not send." However, if I add the number to my contact list, the message then goes through. Any idea how I can fix this? Handset is a Sony Xperia 10 III

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

See if some of the tips in here help, @Crx - dial-assist is often the issue, but it can be the app itself that needs an uninstall and reinstall.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/O2-open/m-p/1711852/highlight/true#M274044

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Crx 

We have a Sony expert who may be able to help if this is an issue unique to Sony's.

@viridis any ideas?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Crx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, where do I edit Dial Assist?

Also I don't see Google Message installed on my phone (per the link you provided's recommended fix), I just have the default SMS messaging app. Or do I uninstall Google Message Updates from somewhere else?

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

The actual post I referred to is at the end of the guide, this link may take you directly to it, @Crx 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/blogs/blogarticleprintpage/blog-id/How-To-Guides/article-id/1767/comme...

Message 5 of 5